CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

We are more than 1 year away. There is not bet to take. In fact, my post makes it pretty clear what must happen for me to think it has a shot at that. And one part of it involves WOM which we will only know more about after the OW.

I just don't buy a bad BvS will make the other ancillary movies in this franchise somehow immune to a negative impact. Seems pretty straight forward the more people this turns off after an already mixed MOS means more will be cautious to SS & WW.

• Like 1

Batman vs Superman is poised to post the lowest RT score of any film opening north of $145 million [prev low was Spider-Man 3's 62%], and only barely topping a few of the Twilight films for anything that broke $100 million.    That's ... disappointing, but puts it in perspective just how bad it has to be to sell that many tickets and be so universally panned.  

F-ing Twilight!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

I just don't buy a bad BvS will make the other ancillary movies in this franchise somehow immune to a negative impact. Seems pretty straight forward the more people this turns off after an already mixed MOS means more will be cautious to SS & WW.

People will love Wonder Woman.

Either way we are more than a year away :lol: My opinion might be completely different by the time the teaser comes out, let alone in June 2017 :lol: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

People will love Wonder Woman.

Either way we are more than a year away :lol: My opinion my be completely different by the time the teaser comes out, let alone in June 2017 :lol: 

Who is directing Wonder Woman? 

Disney essentially redrew the summer calendar — then seen as June through August — with the success of 2012’s “Marvel’s The Avengers.” It might have come out in the first weekend in May, but it opened, played and showed legs that looked every bit the part of a summer blockbuster. There wasn’t much doubt after its record-breaking 2012 debut, and the subsequent success of Marvel’s “Iron Man 3” on that same release date, that Disney would launch the sequel “Age of Ultron” in that slot, too.

According to the Wrap, Avengers was the first major hit to be released on the first weekend of May. 

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

I really don't get this fascination with RT scores. It's really a broad picture only -- who cares whether something is 18% versus 26%, or 73% versus 82%? It's meaningless.

I just can't walk around in the streets saying I loved a movie with a 30% RT score Tele! I will get stabbed!!! 

• Like 2

Just now, Telemachos said:

I really don't get this fascination with RT scores. It's really a broad picture only -- who cares whether something is 18% versus 26%, or 73% versus 82%? It's meaningless.

Its rotten either way, plus it's a stat people can use to compare easier no matter how arbitrary it is.

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

As I said list me one comic book movie that was well loved and was rotten.

The point is if it was at 90%, the DC fanboys here be stroking themselves to orgasms right now and I would have likely paid to watch this film. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Its rotten either way, plus it's a stat people can use to compare easier no matter how arbitrary it is.

Right, but when you get down to that level of minutae, it has zero relevance to the real world. It's basically just satisfying some OCD fix.

Just now, CJohn said:

Patty Jenkins.

Thanks. Wonder Woman and Batman were my favs from this film so I look forward to their stand alone films. I think WW can be successful too even if BvS isn't well-liked because at my showing the audience loved her. 

• Like 1