CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

The difference between Disney and WB is WB dont know shit about CBM's they just trust that their directors do. Like Warner, Disney execs dont know shit about CBMs either, so they hire a nerd that does and put him in charge.

That's not the case. Feige was in charge of Marvel well before Disney bought the company.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

That's not the case. Feige was in charge of Marvel well before Disney bought the company.

Yep. Disney struck gold keeping Kevin Feige happy. The sad thing is that if there was a DC Studios, Geoff Johns would be the guy in charge, not proven talent like Dini and Timm. 

Geoff Johns was heavily involved with Grren Lantern, Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. See the pattern.

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Looks like Fox took a cue from Marvel and put comic book nerds in charge of Deadpool.

Too bad they didn't figure that out before FF started production.

I think it was just lucky they did that and it has nothing to do with Marvel. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

We can't talk about RT. We can't talk about replacing Snyder. We can't talk about depressed Ben Affleck.

Gee, what exactly are we supposed to talk about?

Why people that look like Henry Cavill is the reason polygamy is kept illegal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I think it was just lucky they did that and it has nothing to do with Marvel. 

I agree. Fox didn't know what they had and they only made the movie because the fans kept bugging them. However as we can see when you let people who understand the comics take control you're going to get good results. 

• Like 2

my best friend works at our local movie theater and she said that legit 5 different people called today to refund their tickets for this movie lmao. The weather is kinda crappy-like it's really cold and there is a lot of ice-so maybe that's why? (jk I live in Canada it's always like this lol)

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

This is not outselling TDKR in previews

That is not the situation on the ground.

Alright there, Bob Woodward. What IS the situation "on the ground?"

• Like 3

Just now, Nova said:

I agree. Fox didn't know what they had and they only made the movie because the fans kept bugging them. However as we can see when you let people who understand the comics take control you're going to get good results. 

Zack Snyder is obsessed with comics and Geoff Johns' life literally revolves around them

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I know the fanboy's response to the leaked footage had alot to do with it.

So, yeah they mostly just got lucky.

Yup. The fanboys reaction was quite great and they told Tim Miller and Ryan Reynolds to do a superhero movie with 58M. Even Kingsman had a bigger budget (81M). I think that says a lot tbh. The risk was very, very low with a 58M budget and someone said "Heh, why not?". 

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Zack Snyder is obsessed with comics and Geoff Johns' life literally revolves around them

But none of them is called Tim Miller, or are they?

You guys who're invested in these characters: accept that DC was heavily involved creatively, along with WB talent, in making these decisions. So who is going to fire whom? These are choices DC made. If changes are ultimately made at that company, and their board (or whoever has the ultimate clout there) decides to go in a different direction, that's great. But otherwise, there's no magic wand to wave and magically have "the perfect person" in charge. (And maybe it's worth considering that whoever "the perfect person" is will be different for different people).

And in the grand scheme of things... y'know, it ain't the end of the world. Worst comes to worst, what happens? A couple more movies get made, you really don't care for them, and a few years later someone comes along and does another version of it all. Just treat the current version like what it is: the cinematic equivalent of a limited-run graphic novel series. And down the road, someone else has free rein to (re)invent their own versions of these classic characters, and maybe you'll like their version.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, ban1o said:

my best friend works at our local movie theater and she said that legit 5 different people called today to refund their tickets for this movie lmao. The weather is kinda crappy-like it's really cold and their is a lot of ice-so maybe that's why? (jk I live in Canada it's always like this lol)

Well we've confirmed at least 5 people have access to

Spoiler

RottenTomatoes

:ph34r: