kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

Just now, cannastop said:

People here like to trumpet drive in theaters. It could muddle the numbers.

Only to a point. Zoo, BvS and boss will be the least hurt by theater drops but show times are what will kill the overall and drive ins can only recover so much and not nearly as noticable when the film is still pulling 10m weekends versus 1m or less. Weird place we are in. 

8 minutes ago, Ruthie said:

If there was ever a movie that could have made an easy 1b, it's BvS.  Oh, what could have been.

The biggest thing that makes me shake my head is they had all the time to get this right.  The movie started shooting in 2013 and releases in 2016 and it still ended up being incoherent.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, nilephelan said:

The biggest thing that makes me shake my head is they had all the time to get this right.  The movie started shooting in 2013 and releases in 2016 and it still ended up being incoherent.

I know right.... would seem that too many cooks....

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Only to a point. Zoo, BvS and boss will be the least hurt by theater drops but show times are what will kill the overall and drive ins can only recover so much and not nearly as noticable when the film is still pulling 10m weekends versus 1m or less. Weird place we are in. 

The Boss' showtimes should largely be unaffected. It'll lose the PLF screens it has but if theaters have it on 2 screens it should probably stay that way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, narniadis said:

BS losing premium formats is where it's going to be hit hardest by JB.  It's already lost screens if not theaters because of it's massive week to week drops

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Very odd.  Post production was 15 months. 

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

BS losing premium formats is where it's going to be hit hardest by JB.  It's already lost screens if not theaters because of it's massive week to week drops

Truth since RTH just said it was doing 40% in PLF/Imax 

1 hour ago, nilephelan said:

Movie making is a long process that you dont get to know whether you did it right or not untill you see the result.

• Like 1