CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

I think it's not locked for sequel if Yates and Rowling fail to deliver here. But, curiosity will be high and Potter fan are starved for more Rowling. Trust me, Warner Bros. will market this with a heavy Rowling/Potter/nostalgia lean even if the trio, etc. aren't present.

I mean, it can be sold as the author of the ALL the Potter books, director of Potter 5/6/7.1/7.2... They'll make it seem as if it's essentially the same damn thing. Audiences will take note. Similarly to how WB sold Man Of Steel as a Nolan production even though it was a Snyder/Goyer joint. This one, will be sold as a Rowling/PotterDirector/PotterUniverse film. People will take and note. Release date's also fantastic.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

12 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

That's exactly it. I can understand someone having the opinion that it will open to 100M, but as far as I'm concerned, "locked" means that you cannot feasibly imagine a situation in which the target is missed.

RO can't miss. 

2 minutes ago, SWXII said:

RO can't miss. 

Agreed. I can't feasibly imagine any way in which Rogue One does not open to $100M+. I totally recognize and respect the arguments against Fantastic Beasts and Dory. But, Rogue One? Especially if Vader's teased? Gotta be kidding me thinking it will open to $100M+ OW.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer