WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates (Page 30): The Jungle Book - 60.8M (96M OS) | The Huntsman: Winter's War - 20.1M | Barbershop 3 - 10.8M | Zootopia - 6.6M | BvS - 5.5M

@CJohn I'm 2 episodes behind, gonna watch them in a few minutes.

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

teenage boys dont even watch movies in theaters much.

Maybe 1-2 a year at most. 

I'm a teenage boy and I've already been to the theater 5 times this year :redcapes: 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm a teenage boy and I've already been to the theater 5 times this year :redcapes: 

You're not a normal teenage boy. Apparently.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

DO IT NOW. STAY UNSPOILED. GET YOUR BODY READY.

• Like 2

teenage boys dont even watch movies in theaters much.

Maybe 1-2 a year at most. 

Maybe not

" Fithian didn’t just allude to Screening Room, he also argued that teenagers remain fans of the moviegoing experience, despite coming of age in a digital world. In 2015, per capita ticket sales for Americans aged 12 to 17 was 7.3, representing the highest growth rate of any age demographic. Despite making up 8% of the U.S. population, this age group were responsible for 16% of movie tickets purchased. Of particular interest to theater owners, teenagers are the most likely to buy 3D or premium format tickets, both of which come with surcharges."

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/nato-chief-exclusive-theatrical-windows-make-new-movies-into-events-1201751446/

• Like 2

For years Hollywood thought that teenage boys ran the marketplace and everyone else was just a niche demographic. Now, not so much. 

For example, Deadpool would've been contractually obligated to be PG-13 a decade ago.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 5

For years Hollywood thought that teenage boys ran the marketplace and everyone else was just a niche demographic. Now, not so much. 

For example, Deadpool would've been contractually obligated to be PG-13 a decade ago.

Didn't those shitty Punisher movies come out around that time?

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Not sure I buy that. :lol: What's DEADPOOL but a movie for 13-year-old boys who happen to be in the 25-34 demo?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Not sure I buy that. :lol: What's DEADPOOL but a movie for 13-year-old boys who happen to be in the 25-34 demo?

True but most have to sneak in to watch it. I think I would be embarrassed to watch that movie with my offspring sitting next to me lol.

53 minutes ago, CJohn said:

SOMEBODY HELP ME I CAN'T BREATHE

Reveal hidden contents

Oh my fucking God, What the hell is happening.

Nooooooo.

Let me go catch up with the latest episode.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

The biggest films this year so far have all been aimed at the youth demographic. It's hard to think the industry is wrong trying to cater to them

More like catering to all quadrants. It says a lot that only 1 movie has crossed $100M this year without reaching $300M+.

True, although it's basically a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Not really. You have tons of "classy", "realistic" movies coming out during Oscar season and most of them don't have a prayer to make even half as much as a Batman film or a Disney fantasy

Just now, tribefan695 said:

Not really. You have tons of "classy", "realistic" movies coming out during Oscar season and most of them don't have a prayer to make even half as much as a Batman film or a Disney fantasy

The industry puts their major efforts into targeting PG-13-demo tentpoles. They deign to make a few others because they like getting accolades and/or they want to keep relationships with talent.

• Like 4

The industry puts their major efforts into targeting PG-13-demo tentpoles. They deign to make a few others because they like getting accolades and/or they want to keep relationships with talent.

If adults were really as interested in going to movies as younger people I'd think they'd be more willing to actively seek out the goods

• Like 1