Illumination Entertainment and Universal Pictures The Secret Life Of Pets got a nice little scratch behind the ears as it crossed $800M at the worldwide box office this weekend. Through today, the film has grossed $363.4M domestically and $441.6M offshore where it has opened No. 1 in 42 markets to date. The global cume is now an estimated $805M and Pets is the No. 6 movie at the worldwide box office in 2016.

This weekend’s kitty has the knock-on effect of taking Illumination’s global box office across the $4B mark, factoring in all releases since 2010, beginning with Despicable Me. The other titles are: Hop, Dr Seuss’ The Lorax, Despicable Me 2, Minions andPets.

That current worldwide total of $4.027B should go up a fair few octaves when Illumination’s Sing releases in December. The movie delighted in its world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival last week after footage was teased at several industry gatherings over the past year. An original “let’s put on a show” show as Illumination founder and CEO Chris Meledandri has referred to it, Sing lifts the curtain internationally on December 8 and bows domestically on December 21.

Turning back to Pets, the movie has set several records including the best domestic opening for an original film, animated or otherwise, in July. Overseas, it was the biggest opening for an original animated film in 17 territories, and the No 1 animated film of 2016 to date in 13. In Spain, Pets is the highest grossing film of 2016 so far. In Russia it is the third highest-grossing film of ever (behind Avatar and Zootopia).

The Pets also fall in line at No. 3 behind Gru and crew in terms of Illumination’s titles overseas. Minions is No 1 with $830.6M and Despicable Me 2 is No 2 $607.6M.

Meledandri was recently at the Venice Film Festival for Pets Italian premiere. It bow-wows there on October 6.