CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Meanwhile, I'm sure everyone in Chicago is sad that the billboard for that awful movie where Emma Stone plays an Asian has finally been taken down after being left up there for close to a year, inexplicably. This is the true movie-related story of the weekend. Civil What?

http://www.timeout.com/chicago/blog/logan-squares-infamous-aloha-billboard-finally-taken-down-050616

22 minutes ago, Baumer said:

And you think these numbers arre Insignificant?

Yes and no. For Nice Guys and Me Before You, they both have audiences that aren't targeting Civil War's audience. Neighbors and Angry Birds might have some crossover, but the former's targeting more to comedy fans, and the latter's targeting more to families with smaller children. The only one that I listed here that is a threat is TMNT, but it premieres in Civil War's fifth week, so I don't see it doing any major damage to the legs. Minor? Sure.

1 minute ago, Frozen said:

We may be in for more meltdowns in the weeks to come!

https://mobile.twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/728797109940420608

X-Men: Apocalypse is screening 3 weeks out because they're desperate for buzz & the movie isn't tracking. The materials look like shit too.

Too many SH movies & too close. SH fatigue happening?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James said:

So you people think that Angry Bird or Neighbors are opening under 50m? Cute. And TMNT and Alice under 70m each? LOOOOOL.

Oh honey. You have so much to learn. But don't worry, this gift takes time and practice to have.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Baumer said:

This is just one more example that people should think of before they tell someone they are stupid for predicting anumber that is much lower than what they think it will open to. TThere is a chance that this opens closer to 160 than it does to 225. So me predicting 140 doesnt seem so absurd now.

Given the numbers we've seen so far I think this opens closer to 160 than 180.  My range right now is 165-170.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Olive said:

1). Captain America: Civil War (Disney) 4,226 theaters / $74M-$76M Fri. (includes $25M previews) / 3-day cume: $176.4M-$182M / Wk 1

2). The Jungle Book (DIS), 4,144 theaters (+103) / $5.3M Fri. (-48%) / 3-day cume: $23.6M (-46%) / Total Cume: $286.7M / Wk 4

5). Zootopia (DIS), 2,077 theaters (-410) / $675K Fri. (-46%) / 3-day cume: $3.3M (-38%) / Total cume: $328.3M / Wk 10

Three disney movies in top 5!

Some time soon we will see three $300mil+ Disney movies in top 10. That will be a record