WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Apocalypse is entirely responsible for the big OS drop. That and the big heat waves felt all over Europe. It may have no effect in America but the first few weekends of heat in Europe kill theaters. 

Even before Apocalypse dropped though.

3 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Man, that is a bad number for Neighbors 2. -58% from the first movie. 4

As for Civil War, I think in this case, the extremely high quality of the pirated copy probably has something to do with its overseas drops but minimal effect on domestic. It's pretty much a spotless blur-ray level copy. 

are you aware that the new X Men released in virtually every OS country this weekend?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

It's made a ton of money, but honestly everyone expected more, not just Marvel diehards. Look at the tracking, look at all the predictions. 

Because since Avengers, Ultron, Jurassic World & Force Awakens everybody stupidly convinced themselves that doing 1,5B WW is no biggie.

Most people swallowed the hilarious Ultron was a disapointment kool-aid.

Oh and everybody ALSO convinced themselves Captain America : Civil War was called Avengers 3 on the billboards.

Also, everybody stupidly forgot that Civil War is the THIRD big superhero movie in just 3 months, something that has never happened in the history of film, followed by a FOURTH big superhero 3 weeks later.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Fair to not like it. But, honestly, given it's only OW, audience reaction would have little impact. The reason not to be surprised is because it's  a niche action noir set in the 70s with an R rating.

Good point, I let my own dislike (and disappointment in) of the film cloud my analysis. 

2 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Even before Apocalypse dropped though.

Heat waves buddy. I also mention that. It fucked up legs in Europe. The first few hot weekends in Europe always destroy the theater business in Europe. 

Plus the movie isn't very OS friendly. It lacks the action spectacle of other Marvel movies (besides the legendary airport scene it has almost no action). 

2 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Some people said the MCU is becoming less and less GA friendly. I can buy that explanation for Civil War legs.

Civil War is the first one that needs details from several other movies. A friend of mine understood almost nothing from it because he never saw the other movies. He said it was boring and he prefered both Apocalypse and BvS. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Also, everybody stupidly forgot that Civil War is the THIRD big superhero movie in just 3 months, something that has never happened in the history of film

Wtf are you talking about. There were 12 weeks between Deadpool and Civil War.

In 2014: Winter Soldier, Spiderman 2, and X Men released within 7 weeks of each other...

In 2012: Avengers, Spiderman, TDKR released within 11 weeks

In 2011: Thor, X Men, and Captain America released within 11 weeks

Edited by Treetrunk Special
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

LOL, doing 400m is not doing GA numbers ?

What drugs are you on ?

I was talking about the legs OS. I didn't even mention DOM. Besides I still think the heat waves and Apocalypse were bigger factors. 

• Like 1

Just now, Treetrunk Special said:

In 2014: Winter Soldier, Spiderman 2, and X Men released within 7 weeks of each other...

You forgot about BvS? 880M WW and 330M DOM is still big lol. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Treetrunk Special said:

To be fair, those all grossed less than 2016's superhero movies..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

LOL that's my point.. 

but they'll still get there, unless all of those stand alone movies are disasters.  i doubt it since those characters are very unique and comparable Marvel versions haven't been done yet (Cyborg might be considered an Ironman rip-off without the jokes). DC movies are harder to do right though; Aquaman could be very expensive to produce.

1 minute ago, Treetrunk Special said:

Maybe because none of those were $300m superhero films?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kalo said:

What a big-ass turd of a weekend, everything underperformed. 

We're probably in for another one of these next weekend. Alice 2 and Apocalypse are probably not going to make for a very exciting Memorial weekend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lobo007 said:

but they'll still get there, unless all of those stand alone movies are disasters.  i doubt it since those characters are very unique and comparable Marvel versions haven't been done yet (Cyborg might be considered an Ironman rip-off without the jokes). DC movies are harder to do right though; Aquaman could be very expensive to produce.

Honestly I think by then, they'll have rebooted lol