CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

1 minute ago, superweirdo87 said:

160 domestic seems unlikely.

65*2.25 is like 146 and 80*1.9 is 152.

You are right :rofl: 

500-520M WW it is, then.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

CFlop is waiting to revel in what is sure to be a pitiful opening for Popstar next weekend. It's gonna do sub-$5M.

That shit is gonna TANK. Not sure how hard yet, tho.

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

You are right :rofl: 

500-520M WW it is, then.

That shit is gonna TANK. Not sure how hard yet, tho.

I really don't see any way it doesn't bomb miserably. An audience limited to Lonely Island fans and nobody else.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I really don't see any way it doesn't bomb miserably. An audience limited to Lonely Island fans and nobody else.

The problem is: how many Lonely Island fans are still out there? :lol: 

The TC estimate is hilarious. We have another Grismby on our hands. 

• Like 1

Just calm down, folks. We're still talking about predictions. The actuals might be higher or lower. ;)

That being said, even if Apocalypse underperforms, that's just a tiny misfire.  Fox still had a huge profit with Deadpool, Wolverine 3 is confirmed, Deadpool 2 is coming, X-Force is probably coming too. 

Overseas grosses will probably be interesting now. I predict 420-440 million tops.

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

It's official.  Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping will sell exactly one ticket.

Actually, I'm 50/50 on whether I'm seeing it or not. Some stuff looks decent, but it kinda feels like something I'll probably rent on a boring weekend. I might watch it in the theater to support Samberg, but reviews will probably be the big deciding factor for me.

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

But see?? With all those upcoming movies you've mentioned, it might be overload to the general audience coming off CIVIL WAR?? And the last 2 WOLVERINE movies didn't exactly light the box office world on fire either.. X-FORCE?? What exactly is that after we just sat through multiple X-MEN origin movie along with the main movies themselves?? See what I'm saying?? It's too much and has a tendency to possibly backfire..

X-Force has Deadpool.

Wolverine 3 has lots of members of the old cast like Patrick Stewart, for example. 

Just now, a2knet said:

Now there is a possibility that DOCTOR STRANGE will beat APOCALYPSE.

Possibility? It is locked to happen. 

46 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The X-Men universe is so vast that sending it to the MCU would create such a clusterfuck.

I don't think it can properly intergrated with the MCU at this point.

• Like 1