La Binoche

Weekend #s June 3-5: TMNT2 35.25m, X:A 22.3m, MBY 18.27m, Alice 10.69m, Birds 9.775m

Just now, CJohn said:

Are you guys are forgetting it will suffer a 75-80% drop in 2 weeks?

It'll be at 90M by next Friday and the following week it'll start benefiting from school breaks more. I know how good a Spectre fudge will be, but it simply aint happening.

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

It has 10 clear days ahead, with a 6-7M weekend next weekend alone, and around 4M over the weekdays next week and 2M over the weekdays the week after. That alone gets it to 98M before Dory opens. A 75% drop from 6M would still put it at 1.5M for that weekend i.e. 99.5M. It is getting to 100M easily without any external help needed.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Chewy said:

Show them the extended R-rated cut of Batman v Superman too, you need to know if they're hater ass Marvel loons as soon as possible

But what if the extended cut's even better than the theatrical version:jeb!: 

11 minutes ago, MrPink said:

By then it'll be a few million away. The dollar theater run will ensure it'll get there, if for whatever reason it can't once Finding Dory comes out

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It'll be at 90M by next Friday and the following week it'll start benefiting from school breaks more. I know how good a Spectre fudge will be, but it simply aint happening.

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It has 10 clear days ahead, with a 6-7M weekend next weekend alone, and around 4M over the weekdays next week and 2M over the weekdays the week after. That alone gets it to 98M before Dory opens. A 75% drop from 6M would still put it at 1.5M for that weekend i.e. 99.5M. It is getting to 100M easily without any external help needed.

I am not convinced yet. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I am not convinced yet. 

I know you like fudging but it just won't be needed in this case. Disney fudging Civil War to get it over IM3 has better odds of happening.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Are you forgetting that 2 weeks is a long time?

Also, I don't think that competition alone makes those drops happen. Can you show an example of it?

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I know you like fudging but it just won't be needed in this case. Disney fudging Civil War to get it over IM3 has better odds of happening.

I don't see any reason for Disney to fudge it over Iron Man 3. They win nothing with that. 

Will X-Men manage to finish this weekend, with at least 400 million worldwide?

Overseas grosses haven't been updated for a while, we have China release and a bit of money from domestic weekend. I'm really curious about overseas performance.

Angry Birds could still do $110 million+ DOM if it holds decently next weekend.

TMNT 2 has kid appeal, so a 40% drop isn't shocking. 

Conjuring, NYSM and Warcraft all lack kid appeal, so it ought to get one decent hold in before Dory opens. 

3 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Warcraft lacks kid appeal? The games are most popular with 11-year-olds.

The movie is be marketed towards teenage-to-30-something males as the primary audience. The movie looks too dark to have much family appeal.

11 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Why would they be playing a game that's older than they are?

Same reason a lot of kids play Team Fortress 2. Because they like it.

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The movie is be marketed towards teenage-to-30-something males as the primary audience. The movie looks too dark to have much family appeal.

Good point.

Just now, department store basement said:

Same reason a lot of kids play Team Fortress 2. Because they like it.

OK, but do a lot of tweens play warcraft? I get the impression that Team Fortress 2 is much more widely played.