FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

So are we doing rankings? Well, my Top 5 of this year so far is:

1. X-Men: Apocalypse

2. Batman v Superman

3. Deadpool / 10 Cloverfield Lane

Which is kinda hilarious considering I'm not a big fan of SH movies. But then again, I haven't seen a lot of movies this year. That being said, two of the best movies I've seen this year are not even from 2016 (The Ghost Writer and Stargate - the 1994 one)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I think making a "best of year" list is pointless when I haven't seen a lot of movies in the year. I still haven't watched a lot from last year (IO, Ant-Man, Martian, Compton, Spotlight, H8).

Just watch The Martian. It was the best movie I've seen in theaters last year. Damon is just insane.

33 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Cars is a multi billion $ merchandising franchise, MONEY.

Plus it's Lassester's pet project series, so I'm pretty sure he wants several sequels made for it.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

I think making a "best of year" list is pointless when I haven't seen a lot of movies in the year. I still haven't watched a lot from last year (IO, Ant-Man, Martian, Compton, Spotlight, H8).

I mean you can't see everything. I ended up seeing like 45 movies for 2015  and I like my list a lot. Obviously it might look different if I had seen more things but what am I supposed to do about it.

1 minute ago, James said:

Just watch The Martian. It was the best movie I've seen in theaters last year. Damon is just insane.

Just saw it again for the first time since theaters, it's miles better than Gravity & Interstellar IMO. Different kind of movie but still I enjoyed the most of the 3.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Why would my happiness depend on excitement for movies? ;)  Like I said, I am commuting right now, and honestly I'm not sure why anyone really cares, but when I get to work I'll put together a list. 

Actually, putting on the "serious hat" for a second: If you're a person who normally likes movies, but don't see anything in the foreseeable future that piques your interest, it might be worth looking into other aspects of your life to see if the same thing is happening there. I first thought I might be depressed when I realized I hadn't played a videogame in over six months. The psychologists confirmed it.

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Just saw it again for the first time since theaters, it's miles better than Gravity & Interstellar IMO. Different kind of movie but still I enjoyed the most of the 3.

I give Interstellar a slight edge 

#HailNolan

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Tele will have nostlagia for Ben Hur, the 1926 version I think.

:chaplin:

He also has plenty of nostalgia for The Arrival of The Train.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis