FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

3 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

Moana is the only animated film of the year without any talking animals...

...and I honestly am not that hyped for it :ph34r: 

It looks stunning and has that cute little pig sidekick (who will sell a ton of stuffed animals) raises an eyebrow, what more can you ask for?  :lol:

• Like 1

FYI, we're already on Episode 2 of "Tele vs The Thread" (they go by very quickly). 

This one's titled "Tele v Pixar: Dawn of Indifference"

Episode 1 was "Dr Tele or: How I learned to Keep My Expectations in Check and Stop the Hype"

Strangely enough, both episodes were very well received after their diffusion, but not so much upon live viewing. Spectators felt it was too close to reality. :ph34r: 

Edited by Daxtreme
typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Mamma Mia wound up making $600m+ WW though

mamma mia was like the #1 movie of all time here for a second until avatar came out. definitely felt like the movie everyone was talking about that summer here moreso than the dark knight or whatever. i actually like abba but i saw ten minutes of that movie on tv and it was pretty much nails on a chalkboard for me.

7 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I'm sure it'll be a solid movie. But I'm still not excited. ;) 

What are you actually excited for in terms of movies(not just Pixar, anything) coming out? Do tell us.

Central Intelligence is going to surpass The Boss as the biggest "original" (non-sequel, non-pre-existing property, non-brand-based) movie of the year so far. Kinda goes to show how sluggish things have been outside of said movies.

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

Central Intelligence is going to surpass The Boss as the biggest "original" (non-sequel, non-pre-existing property, non-brand-based) movie of the year so far. Kinda goes to show how sluggish things have been outside of said movies.

The difference is Central Intelligence is actually funny

1 hour ago, James said:

The only truly great movie that ever came from Pixar was Ratatouille. The rest were either acceptable or downright bad. But it's ok. We can't all have good tastes. :P

I agree that ratatouille being the best, but even wall-e isn't up to standard?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Zootopia says hi. :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

zootopia doesn't count because of "but it's disneeeey"? that seems dumb to me.

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

What were Deadpool & Zootopia's previews guys?

Deadpool was 12M, Zootopia iirc was 1.7M.

But if it disappoints you that this is below Deadpool, don't forget this: animated films always start on the low side, only to end up having maddening multipliers on the weekends. For an animation, a 9.2M preview number is colossal, to say the least.