FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

15 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

On the other side, really cool how reviews for Central Intelligence have improved and RT was forced to change their consensus. Glad it's not another Ride Along.

I don't get why RT put in a consensus after like 25 reviews. It took about 70 or so for Dory, but CI was given one after a couple of hours. Weird.

• Like 1

I found a random animation blog that does box office predictions and they're hilarious.

2015:http://kylesanimatedworld.blogspot.com/p/2015-domestic-box-office-predictions.html

2016: http://kylesanimatedworld.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_20.html

Independence Day and X-Men over $300m! Granted, he makes these predictions in the previous year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

The dark knight

the avengers

jurassic world 

The force awakens

'Those movies didn't have impressive legs, they didn't have a 3.6 multiplier.'

RIDICULOUS.

Different type of film. Those are all tentpoles targeting teens/adults with some family crossover.

Finding Dory targets families with some teen/adult crossover.

They also opened far higher than Finding Dory will. TDK adjusts to around $200 million OW with inflation and 3D added in. A 3.6x after a $200 million+ OW is a ridiculous expectation (yet SW7 did it), whereas a 3.6x from an OW $50-80 million smaller isn't as outlandish.

It's by no means a lock (3.2x-3.4x is a realistic range IMO), but Dory has a better shot at a 3.6x than the other three just because of a smaller OW, less frontloading and a demo that doesn't always rush out OW. 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gopher said:

54m 

45m (flat from Saturday)

37m (-18%) 

136m OW 

Second weekend won't dip more than 50-52% (65-68m), and it's looking extremely unlikely ID42 will top that. DORY wins three weekends, first Pixar film to do so since TOY STORY 2.

Nah, it's gonna drop 70% next weekend. 

Right @SteveJaros?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Dory is already selling out shows between 8:30 and 10:30 at various theaters. This is obviously not our traditional animated movie.

In other news the sky is blue. 

• Like 2

And thankfully our crowd was not indicative of the National picture cause for 10m first show we only had 30 People which included a daycare lol. 

Small crows are good when you have an 8 month old and a 3 year old 

2 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

TS3 legs weren't impressive? WWWOOOOWWW.

Yeah, I'm done with Tele after reading that one. He has to be messing with us.

Today could literally come out at $60M (it won't, just a hypothetical) and he will still discredit it by saying it's just fanboy rush and it will probably barely beat TS3's OW and Zootopia's DOM gross. Not going to be impressed with Pixar's success no matter what.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Is Baumer's anti Pixar sentiment spreading through the mod team like a virus?

I am in the I don't give a fuck team. Just here for the Conjuring numbers and they are dreadful so fuck this weekend.