FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Don't know but Deadline is saying it's dropping 60% this weekend

Deadline Is low by 10%. they forgot to figure In fathers day and dorys matininees were skewing the numbers

This happened memorial day.

Just now, MrPink said:

Could be going for a Revenant type release?

That's what I'm thinking, no way they would dump it. I was saying earlier in the Arrival thread that Paramount should do a Christmas release like that since apparently it isn't really mainstream friendly, guess that won't happen now :lol: 

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Could WB try doing a NY/LA Christmas release for Live By Night so it gets Oscar eligibility? 

I can see this happening. 

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Could be going for a Revenant type release?

Maybe they're gonna move Collateral Beauty to 2017 and give Live By Night its slot. I mean, if the movie is high quality, no reason to let it sit in the can for a year if it's gonna be done in time.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Whoa at Live By Night moving up so much. I guess they don't want to hold on to a finished movie for well over a year (like they've done with The Accountant) but...to January? Doesn't seem like a good sign.

Geostorm was filmed years ago lol. 

Live by Night must be seen as Oscar potential by WB if they're moving up. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a Christmas limited release like American Sniper and The Revenant did. Lego Movie Sequel it must be having issues to move it back but WB luckily has two animated films in 2018 that could fill that vacant slot unless they opt for something like The Nun or Ready Player One though I doubt they schedule a potential franchise like RPO a week before Han Solo

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's what I'm thinking, no way they would dump it. I was saying earlier in the Arrival thread that Paramount should do a Christmas release like that since apparently it isn't really mainstream friendly, guess that won't happen now :lol: 

I'd assume the limited Christmas release is probably going to be given to Silence or Fences. Both of those seem like bigger Oscar contenders to me.

Just now, Jonwo said:

Live by Night must be seen as Oscar potential by WB if they're moving up. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a Christmas limited release like American Sniper and The Revenant did.

Or it could just be Gangster Squad 2.0 (which was moved because of the theater shootings/reshoots but was a crappy movie regardless).

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

GEOSTORM WAS FILMED IN 2014!!!! :rofl: 

Jungle Book Origins was shot last year and isn't coming until October 2018. The Legend of Tarzan was shot in 2014, all the cast have done other films in the time it's taken to come out of post production.

• Like 1

Without the bear rape controversy, The Revenant would have been a flop.

Because a two and a half hour meditative & violent revenge movie set in a remote snowy place with an almost silent Leo, drooling like crazy doesn't scream box office smash to me in any circumstances.

Before its release, I had The Revenant at 60m dom & 80-85m best case scenario.

Edited by The Futurist

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

I'd assume the limited Christmas release is probably going to be given to Silence or Fences. Both of those seem like bigger Oscar contenders to me.

Paramount has four contenders this year: Arrival, Silence, Fences, and Allied. I'm not sure Allied can even make this year.

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Or it could just be Gangster Squad 2.0 (which was moved because of the theater shootings/reshoots but was a crappy movie regardless).

It's being moved up nine months rather than back, that's confidence by the studio