FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

9 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

So basically you're saying that people are stupid

Some of it could be stupidity but the other end of it  is that the GA isn't really taking these movies seriously, I don't think. They aren't looking for depth and that's why Civil War didn't have Beyoncé legs.. because in my view there were too many people who didn't know what was going on anymore or cared. And that's not sour grapes from me, I just believe it to be true.

Part of the problem with Batman v. Superman (aside from the atrocious editing and pacing) is that the GA and critics were spending too much time wondering what the fuck at these parademons or what the fuck at Flash showing up or what the fuck at spears laced with kryptonite or what the fuck at this Darkseid foreshadowing. Etc.

I'm in the theater going "oh shit! that could be cool!" while other people are staring at the screen going "I don't get this, just get to the fight already"

Edited by Johnny Tran
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Anyone who thinks Toy Story 4 will increase has lost their mind

It's coming out a full 8 years of inflation worth later. Of course there's a real chance for an increase. Now admissions increase on the other hand...that I agree would be crazy. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Some of it could be stupidity but the other end of it  is that the GA isn't really taking these movies seriously, I don't think. They aren't looking for depth and that's why Civil War didn't have Beyoncé legs.. because in my view there were too many people who didn't know what was going on anymore or cared. And that's not sour grapes from me, I just believe it to be true.

Part of the problem with Batman v. Superman (aside from the atrocious editing and pacing) is that the GA and critics were spending too much time wondering what the fuck at these parademons or what the fuck at Flash showing up or what the fuck at spears laced with kryptonite or what the fuck at this Darkseid foreshadowing. Etc.

I'm in the theater going "oh shit! that could be cool!" while other people are staring at the screen going "I don't get this, just get to the fight already"

I disagree...

I heard average folks trashing Batman vs Superman over plot holes and poor acting.

Martha and all.

Everyone is not a dude bro whose reaction can only be "yoh that was sick" or "this film is a flop"

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It's coming out a full 8 years of inflation worth later. Of course there's a real chance for an increase. Now admissions increase on the other hand...that I agree would be crazy. 

Honestly I think a lot of people will just chose to end the franchise at 3. I say it drops down to a opening number similar to Inside Out

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Thanks for sharing. Did he beg for the blu-ray or something?

Nah, Mrs Tele got it on streaming for him yesterday. He's been watching a variety of movies, we thought he might like to see it again (and he did). He watched it last night and he's watching it again now.

28 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I think there's a small chance DORY finishes under IM3

Edit: or, I guess, to make a more obvious comp, under TS3. 

When your opening weekend lowball fails, go for the legs instead 

This ain't having worse legs than Monsters U.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You'll like it

I have yet to watch it. But I am pretty sure I will, that is why I dropped 30€ on it without seeing it.