WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

Geeze....do you think Guru is a Dory loonie?  The guy has been sucking Pixar's dick and massaging the balls for the last 8 days.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Kubo? And I assume you mean quality wise. 

I respect Laika but I've never really been able to get into their films. 

Anyway, that's not a particularly impressive estimate for Dory. Hope it goes up 

Y'know I actually realized how this summer, all of the movies I have major interest in are at the end of the season. May only had Civil War, Nice Guys, and Apocalypse, while June had Popstar, Swiss Army Man, and Dory, and early July's just BFG. Then from late July, it's packed. There's Indignation, Jason Bourne, Suicide Squad, The Founder, Pete's Dragon, Sausage Party, and Kubo, and I might be missing one or two. Weird.

• Like 3

Just now, Nova said:

I am interested to see where the other new comers came in. IDR was overestimated from earlier. I am wondering if the same happened with The Shallows and Jones. 

The Shallows will probably stay where it is, matinees must have been weak enough to make easy estimates since this doesn't have more than one screen at most locations.

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Y'know I actually realized how this summer, all of the movies I have major interest in are at the end of the season. May only had Civil War, Nice Guys, and Apocalypse, while June had Popstar, Swiss Army Man, and Dory, and early July's just BFG. Then from late July, it's packed. There's Indignation, Jason Bourne, Suicide Squad, The Founder, Pete's Dragon, Sausage Party, and Kubo, and I might be missing one or two. Weird.

I think you may find you're not alone, as I suspect Bourne, SS, Pete's Dragon, Sausage Party, and Kubo to all exceed most expectations. Possible for The Founder to do well too with good reviews. 

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

July looks great this year. Really looking forward to Ghostbusters, Star Trek (though it'll be with an unavoidable sadness hanging over it now due to Yelchin), Jason Bourne, and Woody Allen's Café Society (the Blake Lively Renaissance continues).

Just now, filmlover said:

July looks great this year. Really looking forward to Ghostbusters, Star Trek (though it'll be with an unavoidable sadness hanging over it now due to Yelchin), Jason Bourne, and Woody Allen's Café Society (the Blake Lively Renaissance continues).

Oh I forgot about Café Society. That looks like fun too. Don't really care about Trek or Ghostbusters, though.

5 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Mid 70s for sure with 23M Friday.

76.5M

Too high.  It won't go up that high tomorrow if it follows TS3.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Shallows will probably stay where it is, matinees must have been weak enough to make easy estimates since this doesn't have more than one screen at most locations.

Of course matinees are weak.