WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

10 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Always that silly and basic assumption that studio involvement is bad news.

You really don't havre any idea how it works, kids.

You think they would've let Reynolds & co make a movie that would get banned in China? You think they'll let the sequel?

3 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Also, 

Cinemascore

Independence Day Resurgence: B

First one got an A 

Eww. Gross. How about for Neon Demon, Jones, and Shallows? Or did those not come out yet. 

6 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Just got back from Petco and there was a big sign about how "Dory" is not for first timers because blue tang fish require a lot of care. 

Then I googled it and I saw this: 

‘Finding Dory’ Could Lead to Dangerous Demand for Blue Tangs as Pets

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/finding-dory-blue-tang-pets-1201801360/

Yeah, that story's been making the rounds for the last few months. I hope it acts as a deterrent.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm fully expecting The Neon Demon to get an F based on everything I've heard about it.

At my screening, an older woman walked out yelling "This movie is made for a bunch of sick people!!" Priceless. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 4

I'm still in awe at how bad IDR ended up being. Like, I'm positive Emmerich deliberately aimed at making the worst movie he could possibly make, because yikes

And the acting in this, holy shit. Hemsworth is not fit to act along a green screen, let alone other human beings. Also, whoever was in charge of casting in this movie, shouldn't Will Smith's son have...I don't know, a personality? Damn, that kid was atrocious. I liked Maika Monroe in It Follows, but I couldn't stand her here. Pullman and Goldblum get a pass mainly for nostalgia, because phoning it in doesn't even begin to describe them here. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nova said:

At my screening, an older woman walked out yelling "This movie is made for a bunch of sick people!!" Priceless. 

What is that movie even about? The previews left me so befuddled.

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Weirdly enough, the black guy and a Jewish guy are the save-the-day heroes in 96, this movie has regressed.

Why is a white guy saving the day a regression?

A black guy is the hero last time and a white guy this time...so what?

14 minutes ago, John Marston said:

i will still watch iD 4  2 for Maika Monroe and Jeff Goldblum

Then I sure hope you have a loop of their past movies going in your head because they're both terrible in this film. I was especially disappointed with how little Monroe had to do after her solid work in the still-underrated It Follows.