WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

I had posted earlier about this but when Getish said that ID2 was trending towards 17m I stated that it would probably trend down all night - seems to be the pattern when the early optimistic numbers don't get hit again in the early evening updates... if that 15m number hits that is seriously bad.....

4 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Alright, I'm going to go outside the box and guess that The Shallows number is going to be $6.5m+ for Friday as the positive word of mouth spread to the late shows.  Will be interested to see in the morning.  

If that number holds up, Baumer is going to have a party lol 

Edited by Nova

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Pretty wild to think that this year we might see two sequels to $300M+ grossers make less than $100M in total.

And their combined totals would barely make the 1st week's gross for either film....

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Also, The Neon Demon is projected to make $160K today from 783 theaters, meaning an average of just over $200. What they were they thinking giving that such a wide release, I have no idea.

I have no idea who decided it would be a good idea to make such a film let alone give it a wide release. 

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Pretty wild to think that this year we might see two sequels to $300M+ grossers make less than $100M in total.

Then theres MBFGW2 under 100m from 240m, but that one was expected

100-299m is elusive this year

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Also, The Neon Demon is projected to make $160K today from 783 theaters, meaning an average of just over $200. What they were they thinking giving that such a wide release, I have no idea.

trying to answer questions in the Summer Game for this film and I thought I lowballed at 1m.... but damn

56 minutes ago, Rey said:

My sister wants to see Independence Day: Resurgence while I rather see Finding Dory or The Shallows, but my godmomma is trying to convince to me to go see ID:R.

HogN3QC.gif

Show the thirstin' Nice Guys some love. #niceguysfinishlast :( 

Just got out of The Shallows. If you have a choice and are short on money, definitely choose The Shallows over Independence Day: Resurgence. It's not without it's flaws but is such a better movie.

Definitely one of the better movies of the year so far and I hope it does well (though I know some will find it slow).

Will go more into the flaws in the review section.

Also damn Ouija: The Beginning looks sick! Mike Flanagan looks to really have done something special there. Totally okay if he gets Halloween. Loved the old school Universal logo. Can't wait until October.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Just got out of The Shallows. If you have a choice and are short on money, definitely choose The Shallows over Independence Day: Resurgence. It's not without it's flaws but is such a better movie.

Definitely one of the better movies of the year so far and I hope it does well (though I know some will find it slow).

Will go more into the flaws in the review section.

Also damn Ouija: The Beginning looks sick! Mike Flanagan looks to really have done something special there. Totally okay if he gets Halloween. Loved the old school Universal logo. Can't wait until October.

PSA: Blake Lively and her seagull are better than Leonardo Dicaprio and his bear. 

If that 74m holds that'll put Dory at 287m through weekend #2.  Divided by 135 is 2.126 which is better than Toy Story 3's total through 2 weekends.  Toy Story 3 dropped 30% the weekend Despicable Me opened so I doubt Pets will do much damage to Dory.  

$505m total.

The Neon Demon number is almost hard to fathom. I'm not really upset Free State of Jones flopped. The whole 'finally a movie for adults' campaign when the film's reviews were worse than a lot of the blockbusters this summer was beyond obnoxious.