baumer

Baumer's Top 100 films you have probably heard of but more than likely haven't seen. #1: Cute Clever Mischievous, but don't feed them after midnight!

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

I'm not even sure if anyone is reading any of this.  I know there's a few of you who come here from time to time.  But I started it so I guess I'd be remiss if I didn't finish it.

Oh we read it, we just have to wait to see if there's a film we have seen. It appears that the genres and time period of films we like outside of the super mainstream is a little bit different.

Battle Royale is a good shout though, was that a rare outing into foreign cinema for you? Or have I just not noticed you talk about Asian/foreign films?

But even if just one person sees a new film because of a thread and enjoys it, that can make a thread worthwhile if you enjoy writing it :) (That's my mantra in my attempt to keep a thread going for 365 days with just my own posts at least :P )

Of course Crocodile Dundee is awesome too from the recent bunch.

• Like 1

Just now, Baumer said:

Well, it's okay, we're allowed to disagree from time to time. :)

I am waiting to see if some more of the films I would think be in the list show up. ;) 

Just now, chasmmi said:

Oh we read it, we just have to wait to see if there's a film we have seen. It appears that the genres and time period of films we like outside of the super mainstream is a little bit different.

Battle Royale is a good shout though, was that a rare outing into foreign cinema for you? Or have I just not noticed you talk about Asian/foreign films?

But even if just one person sees a new film because of a thread and enjoys it, that can make a thread worthwhile if you enjoy writing it :) (That's my mantra in my attempt to keep a thread going for 365 days with just my own posts at least :P )

Of course Crocodile Dundee is awesome too from the recent bunch.

These are all famous films, well most of them anyway.  And I guess the whole point of the thread was to point out some films that, as the title says, you've heard of but probably haven't seen. :)

Number 58

Young Guns and Young Guns II (1988 and 1990)

Directed by Chris Cain and Geoff Murphy

Starring Emilio Estevez, Charlie Sheen, Lou Diamond Phillips, Kiefer Sutherland, Christian Slater, Alan Ruck, William Petersen, Jack Palance

Box office:  Combined 90 million

The Brat Pack got together to make a pretty cool western.  I'm including both films in here as one because imo, they should be seen together.  This was a time when the Western was pretty much dead. But with the advent of Young Guns, two years later Unforgiven would go on to win best picture and a year after than Tombstone became perhaps one of the greatest Westerns ever made.  Emilio Estevez plays Billy the Kid, perhaps the most famous of the gun slingers in the Ole West.  He and his not so merry bunch of men try to make their way and not get killed in the process.  The first film is quite dramatic and full of great action and has some terrific performances, especially by Estevez and Sutherland.  The second one is also terrific in the same ways but adds more humour it.  Both films made around 45 million dollars and both were pretty well received.  They also did fairly well on home video, which makes it surprising that they never made a third.  I'd highly recommend finding these two films.  It's also about the last time the Brat Pack really got a chance to work together as their time was coming to an end.  

Trivia:  Tom Cruise has a cameo in the first one.  He was visiting Estevez on set one day and he asked if he could play the cowboy who gets shot and killed.

a-vadnyugat-fiai-1988-online_1.jpg      young-guns-2-movie-poster-1990-101027009  

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Number 58

Young Guns and Young Guns II (1988 and 1990)

Directed by Chris Cain and Geoff Murphy

Starring Emilio Estevez, Charlie Sheen, Lou Diamond Phillips, Kiefer Sutherland, Christian Slater, Alan Ruck, William Petersen, Jack Palance

Box office:  Combined 90 million

The Brat Pack got together to make a pretty cool western.  I'm including both films in here as one because imo, they should be seen together.  This was a time when the Western was pretty much dead. But with the advent of Young Guns, two years later Unforgiven would go on to win best picture and a year after than Tombstone became perhaps one of the greatest Westerns ever made.  Emilio Estevez plays Billy the Kid, perhaps the most famous of the gun slingers in the Ole West.  He and his not so merry bunch of men try to make their way and not get killed in the process.  The first film is quite dramatic and full of great action and has some terrific performances, especially by Estevez and Sutherland.  The second one is also terrific in the same ways but adds more humour it.  Both films made around 45 million dollars and both were pretty well received.  They also did fairly well on home video, which makes it surprising that they never made a third.  I'd highly recommend finding these two films.  It's also about the last time the Brat Pack really got a chance to work together as their time was coming to an end.  

Trivia:  Tom Cruise has a cameo in the first one.  He was visiting Estevez on set one day and he asked if he could play the cowboy who gets shot and killed.

a-vadnyugat-fiai-1988-online_1.jpg      young-guns-2-movie-poster-1990-101027009  

I liked Young Guns but didn't care for the sequel as much.

I did love Bon Jovi's solo song "Blaze of Glory" for the sequel. The song went very well with the ending.

• Like 1

More good films, and once again I've seen the majority of the them.

Just wanted to chime in here and brag to Baumer that I've seen both Suspiria and Battle Royale on the big screen (they player both at some of the horror marathons I've been going to down in Columbus over the past few years). Suspiria was really loud on their sound system.

• Like 1

And speaking of the horror marathon (and films that are likely on this list), they're going to announce the lineup for this year's 24-hour event at a little mini-marathon in August, where they'll be playing the trailers for all of this years marathon movies (plus dozens of other classic trailers too) along with 3 very classic full movies: Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness.

I am so very tempted to drive down there just for this 3-movie mini-marathon.

• Like 2

Number 57

The Bay (2012)

Directed by Barry Levinson

Starring:  A bunch of people I've never heard of

Box office: $30,000 

This isn't your average, run of the mill low budget "found footage" or "suppressed footage" horror film. The budget is large and the acting is spot on for what is needed to tell the tale. Think of this more as a ecological disaster/thriller than a straight horror film. Reminds me of the nature run amok sub genre films of the late seventies and early eighties. Without any preaching about how we are destroying the environment. As the story unfolds, the tension mounts as does the fear and dread. The horror is amplified by the constant reminder that everything presented here could actually happen or has happened. In fact mid-way through I kept wondering if there was an actual tragedy that this film was loosely based upon. All told the film is well paced, competently shot with solid acting and makes full use of the "found footage" style. Highly recommended for both horror fans and the occasional horror film watcher.  On a side note I recommended this one to @K1stpierre and she ended up liking it immensely.  This a beauty and a gem of a movie.

a084f26f690dbc23a52e67027693f2b2_500x735

• Like 3

Number 56

If Lucy Fell (1996)

Directed by Eric Schaefer

Starring:  Eric Schaefer, Ben Stiller, Sara Jessica Parker, Elle MacPherson, Scarlett Johannson, James Rehorn

Box office:  4.6M

Okay, straight up, I love this film. I caught this precious gem on viewers choice one day when I was bored and nothing to do. I hadn't heard anything about it so I just sat down and watched a film that I knew nothing about. All I knew was that Parker was in it and I liked her in LA Story. I didn't really even know who Ben Stiller was back then. But what I got was one hell of a funny film. Some of the humour in here is so over the top that you applaud it for its sheer audacity. Two of my favourite scenes are when Shaeffer is jogging in the park and when he sits down to finally have a meaningful chat with the man in the wheel chair. Great stuff.

The humour in here is fast and frenzied and it doesn't really let up. And seeing as this film is written, directed and starring Eric Shaeffer, that can all be attributed to him. He is not really well known and obviously this film was never really given a chance by anyone in the business and so it remains a hidden masterpiece of comedy. It's too bad that someone like Ben Stiller couldn't get him some sort of a role in a film and utilize his new found fame after Mary, because Shaeffer is a real talent. He has so much raw energy in here and it really should be seen. This film is what comedy is all about and if you do like "Mary" then I think you'll get a kick out of "Lucy". A great film, and funnier than a lot of what is out there today.

It's always great when you watch something and have no preconceived notions about it.  This one caught be completely by surprise.  A brief synopsis of it is that Eric Schaefer and Parker play best friends.  They make a pact that if neither one of them is where they want to be in ten years, they will jump off the Brooklyn bridge together, and kill themselves......HAHAHAHAH, I know, sounds hilarious doesn't it?  But it actually is.  There's a lot of observation here about dating and some of the secondary characters are just hysterical, especially the pretentious douchebag painter character, played by stiller.  It's not an easy film to find, but if you can, I highly recommend it.

260961_full.jpg

If-Lucy-Fell-1996.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Baumer said:

Number 60

Weekend at Bernies (1989)

Directed by Ted Kotcheff

Starring Andrew MCCarthy, Jonathan Silverman, Ted Kiser

Box office:  30M

Weekend at Bernies has one of the greatest performances of all time and the character isn't even alive.  Hilarious, totally off the wall black comedy about two buddies (Andrew McCarthy and Jonathan Silverman) whose boss, Bernie, has been bumped off by gangsters but whose death goes unrecognized the entire weekend by his self-centered beach friends. Utterly tasteless, goofy, ridiculous, wonderfully funny movie with loads of quirky characters. Andrew McCarthy at his most charmingly loopy and Jonathan Silverman terrific as his straight arrow buddy. Great turn by Terry Kiser as Bernie, who will not go away or play dead. Ridiculous situations that are just plain fun to watch. A movie to remember with delight and to enjoy at a repeat viewing.  

Weekend_at_Bernies.jpg

YES YES YES YES YES

• Like 2

Number 55

In The Name of the Father (1993)

Directed by Jim Sheridan

Starring:  Daniel Day Lewis, Emma Thompson, Pete Postlethwaite

Box office:  65M WW

A man (Daniel Day-Lewis)'s coerced confession to an IRA bombing he did not commit results in the imprisonment of his father as well. An English lawyer fights to free them.

This film is a great combination of history and court drama. Sometimes both mix very nicely (as with the Nuremberg trial) and sometimes they do not. Here, we get a nice glimpse at the IRA in Ireland without dwelling on it too much and also get the true story of a family that was wronged by the state for their alleged involvement in terror.

Nominated for 7 Oscars, this is a powerful film in every way.  The acting for the three leads is superb and the story is so riveting that you actually find yourself rooting for the IRA.  This is 23 years old but it's just as relevant today as it was in 93.

Trivia:  In preparation for his role, Daniel Day-Lewis lost 30 pounds and spent nights in the jail cell on the set as crew members threw water and verbal abuse at him.

Executive produced by Gabriel Byrne.

in_the_name_of_the_father_poster.jpg

• Like 5

Number 54

F/X (1986)

Director:  Robert Mandel

Starring:  Brian Dennehy, Bryan Brown, Cliff DeYoung

Box office:  20.5M

Rollie Tyler (Bryan Brown), special effects genius, is hired by the FBI to use his expertise in a setup to fake the death of mobster Nicholas DeFranco, who they claim is going to be their informant. However, as Tyler will soon become very familiar with, the arrangement is a hoax and the agents aren't who they seem. Unfortunately, Tyler, who thought he was doing something good, and reluctantly so, he is caught in the middle of a game of cat and mouse because he is considered "loose ends." 

They kill his girlfriend in the scuffle, and Tyler soon realizes who he's up against because these guys will stop at nothing until he's dead, regardless of who they kill in the crossfire. But Tyler is no dummy. He gets smart and uses his special effects genius to keep one step ahead of the paranoid agents who want him dead. In the meantime, our middleman is Brian Dennehy as the smooth-talking detective, Leo McCarthy. He's the only one with any guts to sense foul play is afoot and the only one really willing to help out Rollie. The object of the game is to find out what kind of dirty business those crooked agents Lipton (Cliff DeYoung) and Mason (Mason Adams) are up to, and what it has to do with faking the death of a notorious mobster (Jerry Orbach). 

The movie has some pretty good action and chase sequences, and the finale is a cool idea as Rollie Tyler has to use some clever special effects to put a stop to enemies. He's got a pretty big bag of tricks up his sleeves. Though a little slow at first, the real fun begins once Rollie is hired by those mysterious agents to do a job. Overall, it's a pretty cool movie with a great idea for a story. 

If you enjoy this movie, you'd probably like the sequel, F/X 2, which is quite similar, using the story of Rollie Tyler being set up for another mysterious cop scheme. Only with all the corruption going on in that story, Tyler's mishaps in the first look like small potatoes. Plus, Dennehy gets a bigger part, this time teaming up with Tyler (you'll see why in the finale of F/X part 1). They're both worth a try.

Trivia:  On the set of F/X 2, I was able to sneak onto it.  They were filming in Woodstock Ontario, about 30 minutes from my house.  They were at a shopping mall and in between takes, I met Rachael Ticotin and Bryan Brown.  Tichotin was just coming off of Total Recall and she was a real diva.  She had no time for me and asked security to get me away from her.  Bryan Brown, on the other hand, was not only pleasant and accommodating, but we had a 10 minute conversation about Brian Dennehy, his love of Canada, soccer and a bunch of other topics.  I will always have a lot of respect for him, he was a big time movie star, bigger than Ticotin, and yet he treated me with respect.  

fx-movie-poster-2001-1020668279.jpg

• Like 8

Number 53 

Magnus Opus (2003)

Directed by Gordon Currie and Andrew Kenneth Martin

Starring: Andrika Lawren, Thanos Tripi, Dan Grant (yep, me!)

Box office:  About $3,000, only released in Toronto

Okay, let's get this out of the way.  You have never heard of this, you will never see it and I don't even know how to get a copy of it even if you wanted to.  Here is my recount of making the movie on the streets of Toronto in the fall of 2002:

In the fall of 2002, three independent film makers, Gordon Currie, Andrew Kenneth Martin and Andrika Lawren, embarked on a labyrinthine journey into the depths of independent film making. While all three have worked in the bellows of the independent film market before, perhaps only Gordon Currie will be even remotely recognized by any niche of film makers and film fans in this country or any other. Currie has more than 40 film and television appearances to his credit and to us die hard horror afficionodoes, he was in Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhatten. The point being, these three are long in ambition and talent but short on a plethora of experience. And yet here they were, taking on the monumental task of financing, producing, directing, casting, editing and acting in a film that enveloped two years of their lives. With the guargantuan budget of $5000.00, this was going to be the epitome of guerilla film making on the streets of Toronto.

What we have with the finished product is nothing short of brilliance! I don't know where they came up with the idea and frankly I don't want to know nor am I inclined to care, it might ruin the experience you see on screen. And that is what this film is, an experience. You will leave the theater marvelling at the film. Magnus Opus is, if nothing else, a labour of love forged by three remarkable talents who came together and altruistically created a film that could be destined for a distribution deal as it has already been submitted for consideration in such film festivals as Sundance and a few others. Magnus Opus is a triumph of independent film making and the three of them and everyone involved should be proud. I do not know the names of all the principals here as they have not been released to the public yet, so you will have to bear with me when it comes to singing the praises of certain actors.

Magnus Opus is a mockumentary filmed in the vein of This is Spinal Tap. The story centers around a self centered, sanctimonious, struggling artist named Magnus. Like all struggling artists, he feels that there is more to life than what we are led to believe. He sees a certain pulchritude and a certain ugliness to life that many of us see yet are powerless to do anything about. Some of his fellow artists that were once great in his eyes have sold out to corporate sponsorship and now are a walking billboard for the company they endorse. This sell out now has a tattoo of the cereal brand emblazened on his muscular chest. Meanwhile, Magnus has just received a grant from some arsty fartsy school and he means to use that grant money to create something called live art. This is when he hires a documentary crew, played brilliantly by producer Andrika Lawren and Marcus. I don't know Marcus' last name but just suffice to say that Marcus, in my humble opinion, was the best part of the film as he nails his character down better than anyone else. His job is to take crap from Magnus all during the film but get paid $100.00 a day to do it. Yet, every time he asks Magnus a question, Magnus deducts $20.00 from his pay. His privacy is very important to him.

Since Magnus has hired Marcus, the techie for 33 days, it is a handsome sum of money. Marcus looks lost most of the time and it is this character that we can all live vicariously through as he correctly conveys what most of us, the audience, are feeling. What the hell is Magnus up to? What is his purpose and why is he so mysterious and why such drama? Marcus is priceless in his role as techie and he steals scenes from the great Toronto actor who plays Magnus. His name escapes me as well, but he does a fine job with his character.

Magnus' ultimate goal is to create the live art so that he may grow famous in a Toronto storefront window. But little or no audience comes to see his macabre show and little by little his spirits dampen. But what he is really up to is a beautiful twist that is on par with The Usual Suspects or Sixth Sense. M. Night Shyamalan...eat your heart out!!

All of this sounds very linear so far but the best part of the film is what Martin and Currie constructed by having the documentary crew find and film many of the people in Magnus' life, present and past. This is the true tour de force of the film as there is not one disingenuous performance out of any of the characters who decorate the screen. While every one of them are amateur actors, many of them struggling Toronto players, each of them honestly gives the film a colourful palette of energy that is infectious from the opening frame. We meet an eclectic array of personalities from his Terri Garr look alike mother who always gave him money, sometimes to shut him up, sometimes to encourage him. She is humourous and honest when she tells us about his habits as a child. There is his drug dealer, his myopic lawyer, his jilted ex lover who wants to have an imprint of Magnus' face sewn onto her motorcycle seat so she can always be sitting on his face. We also get to meet his frail priest, a Mary Steenbergen look a like as his quiet and sweet elementary school teacher. And then we get to meet some of his older friends. In two of the funniest performances in the film, we get to meet one friend who used to work with him in a drugstore and his best friend from youth who is the complete antithesis of Magnus. Where as Magnus believes art is from within, his best friend Jimmy, thinks there is nothing better than a Saturday afternoon watching wrestling, having a barbeque and playing with his dog. This was probably the funniest character and Gordon and Andrew can take the credit for writing and improvising such brilliant scenes for the actors to embellish. While every actor adds a lot of their own interpretation to the character at hand, it is with Currie and Martin's guidance that we see what we do on screen.

Magnus Opus is a treat to behold. It is expressive and it is interesting. It is also one of the funniest films I have seen in quite a while and what makes it so humourous is the honesty that resonates from its words and actions. Also, if you thought Robert Rodriguez's El Mariachi was a triumph of independent film making, Magnus Opus will give it a run for its money. El Mariachi was a fantastic film made for $7000.00 and this was made for $5000.00. I truly hope a distributor is bold enough to give this a chance. While it is a bit esoteric in its humour, there is enough in here for everyone to love and there is nothing that I would like better than to see it grace the shelves of my local Rogers Video and Blockbuster.

Congratulations Gordon, Andrew and Andrika. You are fabulous film makers and I wish you nothing but success.

Here is my one claim to fame, it's a small role but it was a memorable experience.  I had a blast making this film and it was my honour to work with Gordon Currie, who I admired because he was in Friday the 13th Jason Takes Manhatten.

http://www.magnusopusthemovie.com/pictures.htm

• Like 4

yes for F/X making the list :D

and no fair about having a city only release movie.  I refuse to count that as a movie I didn't see :P

• Like 2

They tried to get it picked up by Canadian distributors, but it just didn't work out.

This was me on set:

MAGNUS_CREDITS_2008HIGH.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Number 53 

Magnus Opus (2003)

Directed by Gordon Currie and Andrew Kenneth Martin

Starring: Andrika Lawren, Thanos Tripi, Dan Grant (yep, me!)

Box office:  About $3,000, only released in Toronto

Okay, let's get this out of the way.  You have never heard of this, you will never see it and I don't even know how to get a copy of it even if you wanted to.  Here is my recount of making the movie on the streets of Toronto in the fall of 2002:

In the fall of 2002, three independent film makers, Gordon Currie, Andrew Kenneth Martin and Andrika Lawren, embarked on a labyrinthine journey into the depths of independent film making. While all three have worked in the bellows of the independent film market before, perhaps only Gordon Currie will be even remotely recognized by any niche of film makers and film fans in this country or any other. Currie has more than 40 film and television appearances to his credit and to us die hard horror afficionodoes, he was in Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhatten. The point being, these three are long in ambition and talent but short on a plethora of experience. And yet here they were, taking on the monumental task of financing, producing, directing, casting, editing and acting in a film that enveloped two years of their lives. With the guargantuan budget of $5000.00, this was going to be the epitome of guerilla film making on the streets of Toronto.

What we have with the finished product is nothing short of brilliance! I don't know where they came up with the idea and frankly I don't want to know nor am I inclined to care, it might ruin the experience you see on screen. And that is what this film is, an experience. You will leave the theater marvelling at the film. Magnus Opus is, if nothing else, a labour of love forged by three remarkable talents who came together and altruistically created a film that could be destined for a distribution deal as it has already been submitted for consideration in such film festivals as Sundance and a few others. Magnus Opus is a triumph of independent film making and the three of them and everyone involved should be proud. I do not know the names of all the principals here as they have not been released to the public yet, so you will have to bear with me when it comes to singing the praises of certain actors.

Magnus Opus is a mockumentary filmed in the vein of This is Spinal Tap. The story centers around a self centered, sanctimonious, struggling artist named Magnus. Like all struggling artists, he feels that there is more to life than what we are led to believe. He sees a certain pulchritude and a certain ugliness to life that many of us see yet are powerless to do anything about. Some of his fellow artists that were once great in his eyes have sold out to corporate sponsorship and now are a walking billboard for the company they endorse. This sell out now has a tattoo of the cereal brand emblazened on his muscular chest. Meanwhile, Magnus has just received a grant from some arsty fartsy school and he means to use that grant money to create something called live art. This is when he hires a documentary crew, played brilliantly by producer Andrika Lawren and Marcus. I don't know Marcus' last name but just suffice to say that Marcus, in my humble opinion, was the best part of the film as he nails his character down better than anyone else. His job is to take crap from Magnus all during the film but get paid $100.00 a day to do it. Yet, every time he asks Magnus a question, Magnus deducts $20.00 from his pay. His privacy is very important to him.

Since Magnus has hired Marcus, the techie for 33 days, it is a handsome sum of money. Marcus looks lost most of the time and it is this character that we can all live vicariously through as he correctly conveys what most of us, the audience, are feeling. What the hell is Magnus up to? What is his purpose and why is he so mysterious and why such drama? Marcus is priceless in his role as techie and he steals scenes from the great Toronto actor who plays Magnus. His name escapes me as well, but he does a fine job with his character.

Magnus' ultimate goal is to create the live art so that he may grow famous in a Toronto storefront window. But little or no audience comes to see his macabre show and little by little his spirits dampen. But what he is really up to is a beautiful twist that is on par with The Usual Suspects or Sixth Sense. M. Night Shyamalan...eat your heart out!!

All of this sounds very linear so far but the best part of the film is what Martin and Currie constructed by having the documentary crew find and film many of the people in Magnus' life, present and past. This is the true tour de force of the film as there is not one disingenuous performance out of any of the characters who decorate the screen. While every one of them are amateur actors, many of them struggling Toronto players, each of them honestly gives the film a colourful palette of energy that is infectious from the opening frame. We meet an eclectic array of personalities from his Terri Garr look alike mother who always gave him money, sometimes to shut him up, sometimes to encourage him. She is humourous and honest when she tells us about his habits as a child. There is his drug dealer, his myopic lawyer, his jilted ex lover who wants to have an imprint of Magnus' face sewn onto her motorcycle seat so she can always be sitting on his face. We also get to meet his frail priest, a Mary Steenbergen look a like as his quiet and sweet elementary school teacher. And then we get to meet some of his older friends. In two of the funniest performances in the film, we get to meet one friend who used to work with him in a drugstore and his best friend from youth who is the complete antithesis of Magnus. Where as Magnus believes art is from within, his best friend Jimmy, thinks there is nothing better than a Saturday afternoon watching wrestling, having a barbeque and playing with his dog. This was probably the funniest character and Gordon and Andrew can take the credit for writing and improvising such brilliant scenes for the actors to embellish. While every actor adds a lot of their own interpretation to the character at hand, it is with Currie and Martin's guidance that we see what we do on screen.

Magnus Opus is a treat to behold. It is expressive and it is interesting. It is also one of the funniest films I have seen in quite a while and what makes it so humourous is the honesty that resonates from its words and actions. Also, if you thought Robert Rodriguez's El Mariachi was a triumph of independent film making, Magnus Opus will give it a run for its money. El Mariachi was a fantastic film made for $7000.00 and this was made for $5000.00. I truly hope a distributor is bold enough to give this a chance. While it is a bit esoteric in its humour, there is enough in here for everyone to love and there is nothing that I would like better than to see it grace the shelves of my local Rogers Video and Blockbuster.

Congratulations Gordon, Andrew and Andrika. You are fabulous film makers and I wish you nothing but success.

Here is my one claim to fame, it's a small role but it was a memorable experience.  I had a blast making this film and it was my honour to work with Gordon Currie, who I admired because he was in Friday the 13th Jason Takes Manhatten.

http://www.magnusopusthemovie.com/pictures.htm

Very cool. I'm surprised the filmmakers didn't upload the movie to YouTube at some point.

• Like 2

Yep, me too.  But it was way before youtube and I think they just kind of forgot about it after a while.  I'm still in touch with Martin, I'll mention it to him.

I've seen all but one so far. I'm not sure how underrated a lot of these are.  I think I'd put 5 Cage films before 8mm (I mean I agree its better than what it seemed, but not enough to call it a missed classic per say)

• Like 1