CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

How much would Wonder Woman open to if it got good reviews? Like The First Avenger-level, or even Winter Soldier-levels.

I am expecting a 100M+ OW regardless of the reviews.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
21 minutes ago, ThatOneBadguy said:

@BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA How do you feel about there being 3 DC-related emotes ( :sadben::ohmyzod::redcapes: ) with the only 2 Marvel emotes not even being from the mcu ( :apocalypse::qotd: ) 

It's definitely a badge of honor for the DCEU to have 3 emotes.

giphy.gif

So finally got a chance to see Star Trek (to join the kiddos at the theater discussion from a bit ago - it's rude to take kids, especially small ones - to films that adults are going to) and its the only live action film besides CW we have seen all year - distance from theater and babysitting issues (and of course then $$) contribute to that.

I don't understand the "episode" conversation regarding Trek, but whatever wife and I both enjoyed the film and agreed on our way out that it is the best "trek style" film since the original crew movies in the 80s. Makes me really disappointing by the gross and the weekend numbers and screw Paramount for messing up the marketing so completely - you would think it's run by Morons over there.

SQ will be close to my derby predict (136) so that makes me happy but the rest of the film oof - bad for the holdovers except Nerve and Lights Out.

Due to SQ the weekend overall gross will be fine but yeah lots of "depth" in the market place got squashed this weekend and it will only get worse with 3 wide releases each of the next 2 weekends.

• Like 6

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Please let's not go through rank the superhero movies of 2016 again. 

Yeah guys do it in November after Doctor Strange is in cause let's face it he'll be at the top of all the lists.

But then Fantastic Beasts will top the list of movies with wizards in 2016.

:redcapes:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Yeah guys do it in November after Doctor Strange is in cause let's face it he'll be at the top of all the lists.

Tbh it won't surprise me if it tops mine. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You're right, let's rank the DCEU! :redcapes:  

Man of Steel

BvS

50 feet of crap

An ocean of explosive diarrhea

Suicide Squad

Hell

Green Lantern

• Like 3