Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

the thing is Tele there was not a big argument that WOM for Apocalypse was average or okay. Most of us figured that it would get a steep fall in line with a poorly received front loaded CBM. Some thought the pattern might be like other X-Men movies. But there was not a big quarrel over the nature of WOM.

SS has these good weekdays and perhaps younger people, tweens, and teens really dig it. But some of these indicators are not very good. Flister fell to 71%. IMDB is at 6.9 Metacritic user scores at 6.7 mean. Cinema Sore was B+.

i think there are some people who are negative on DCEU or love DC but hate the direction stuff is going in. That is leading to debates in drop patterns.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

The only good SH movie this year is Deadpool, which is neither a part of MCU/DCU

tumblr_ob4s6sebto1t29puno1_500.gif

Deadpool really was a pitch-perfect movie.  I wouldn't want a thing about it changed.  There was nothing to improve upon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, superweirdo87 said:

the thing is Tele there was not a big argument that WOM for Apocalypse was average or okay. Most of us figured that it would get a steep fall in line with a poorly received front loaded CBM. Some thought the pattern might be like other X-Men movies. But there was not a big quarrel over the nature of WOM.

I don't think there's been a huge argument over the nature of WOM here either. The majority felt it had absolutely horrible WOM. Some felt the WOM was okay but not great. Almost everyone seemed to agree that the second weekend would hold more answers. That this early Friday number is now being hurled at those who felt it'd be best to wait seems odd and nasty. But then again, most discussions seem to turn unreasonable fairly quickly this days, especially when it comes to CBMs and in particular DC (and Marvel).

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Here come the next 50 pages of "DCEU is dying".  See you guys on Monday. :lol:

eh I think it's doing what it was expected to do. WC could still provide a rise too. The real indicator is going to be tomorrow.

If that comes in below what some are estimating then we can breakout the bagpipes.

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

Deadpool really was a pitch-perfect movie.  I wouldn't want a thing about it changed.  There was nothing to improve upon.

All true.

But Cap 3 was awesome.

And...don't get me wrong, I'm expecting no one to agree with me...and some will...but I'm not asking it...seriously...I know

I liked Suicide Squad.

Just now, somebody85 said:

eh I think it's doing what it was expected to do. WC could still provide a rise too. The real indicator is going to be tomorrow.

If that comes in below what some are estimating then we can breakout the bagpipes.

The DCEU isn't any more alive or dead than it was last weekend. The movie's gonna be a financial success but a critical disappointment, and DC will have to hope their next movie moves things forward in a more positive way.

2 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I don't think there's been a huge argument over the nature of WOM here either. The majority felt it had absolutely horrible WOM. Some felt the WOM was okay but not great. Almost everyone seemed to agree that the second weekend would hold more answers. That this early Friday number is now being hurled at those who felt it'd be best to wait seems odd and nasty. But then again, most discussions seem to turn unreasonable fairly quickly this days, especially when it comes to CBMs and in particular DC (and Marvel).

Way too early to tell. The night is still young. The only thing anyone can say is the WOM is mixed. It's not great and it's not toxic (based off the numbers thus far).

4 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

We had good cause to always assume the movie wasn't clearing 50m though, based on historical patterns for films with such huge OD frontloading and even a (very loose) range already given.