CJohn

Weekend Estimates (Chronicle - 22M; The Woman in Black - 21M; Big Miracle - 8.4M)

From boxoffice.com facebook page:

Official weekend estimate: $3.925 million for 'Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close' from 2,505 locations. Location avg. = $1,567.

Official weekend estimate: $2.565 million for 'The Artist' from 1,005 locations. Location avg. = $2,552.

Official weekend estimate: $22 million for 'Chronicle' from 2,907 locations. Location avg. = $7,568.

Official weekend estimate: $4.5 million for 'Man on a Ledge' from 2,998 locations. Location avg. = $1,488.

Official weekend estimate: $5.250 million for 'One for the Money' from 2,737 locations. Location avg. = $1,918.

Official weekend estimate: $5.6 million for 'Underworld Awakening' from 2,636 locations. Location avg. = $2,124.

Official weekend estimate: $21 million for 'The Woman in Black' from 2,855 locations. Location avg. = $7,356.

From ERC

Universal's BIG MIRACLE surfaced in fourth place with $8.4 mil. Won't you please help Save the Whales?

Madonna's W.E. vogued in 4 venues and grossed $45k--$11,250 per screen. #borderline

Edited by CJohn

The (almost) full set of studio weekend estimates is up on boxoffice.com. (The Grey is missing, but I didn't notice any other obvious omissions.) At least so long as Paramount is factoring the Super Bowl Sunday drop in sufficiently, it looks like Hugo held remarkably well, down just 8% from last weekend. The Descendants and The Artist also appear to have had very nice holds, but not quite to the same level as Hugo. Edited by Chrestomanci

I thought this would be the week The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo will cross 100 million but it's less than a million away from it anyway.Beauty and Beast 3D will likely end around 50 million which is good

2012 is kind of kicking 2011's ass so far. That's only going to continue through this month and next. Two questions I have based on this weekend- will Chronicle buck the found footage trend and hold on for the next few weeks, and can Daniel Radcliffe actually open genre films? Also, The Artist is still struggling.

I hope someone makes the Really Cheap Movies - What Went Right thread. It`s really greta that the audience is embracing these small movies which proved to be very different from each other. You have found footage starring nobodies and an action and old-fashioned horror starring underexposed genre icons. I think it`s a great trend.

• Like 3

I hope someone makes the Really Cheap Movies - What Went Right thread. It`s really greta that the audience is embracing these small movies which proved to be very different from each other. You have found footage starring nobodies and an action and old-fashioned horror starring underexposed genre icons. I think it`s a great trend.

It's been long time since we have had What Went Wrong movie in 2012.