That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Saturday Asgrard pg 28 or 29 DS 32 Trolls 19 HR 5.8

3 hours ago, zackzack said:

When is the rights to XMen & Fantastic 4 is reverting back to Marvel?

Fox should take Sony-like deal and...deal 

X-Men are not going anytime soon, especially in a post-Deadpool world. MAYYYYYBE some of the members after Logan and the Mr. Sinister X-Men movie, but the Deadpool-New Mutants-X-Force side will keep the franchise in its integrity w/Fox.

Fantastic Four should be w/Marvel by the end of the decade.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zackzack said:

Why would they? They've just given us the best superhero trilogy since TDK and a wild and different take on superheroes with Deadpool. Plus that Logan film is looking mighty interesting.

Some people are acting like their last 3 XMen movie didn't give them a profit(huge profit in the case of two of them by the way) and/or they are in the same situation as Sony was with Spider-Man, which is such a blatant lie, or at the very least a real misguided naivety.

Throwing them in the MCU(which I love, just check my Dr. Strange praise on its thread) would be silly and lazy.

Oh, and they do have plans to diversify the franchise. They even have a TV show coming out.

7 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Why would they? They've just given us the best superhero trilogy since TDK and a wild and different take on superheroes with Deadpool. Plus that Logan film is looking mighty interesting.

Some people are acting like their last 3 XMen movie didn't give them a profit(huge profit in the case of two of them by the way) and/or they are in the same situation as Sony was with Spider-Man, which is such a blatant lie, or at the very least a real misguided naivety.

Throwing them in the MCU(which I love, just check my Dr. Strange praise on its thread) would be silly and lazy.

Oh, and they do have plans to diversify the franchise. They even have a TV show coming out.

giphy.gif

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I agree, the best superhero trilogy is Captain America :shades:

Best trilogy overall? TDK still gives it a run for its money, I'm not sure if it's the best one ever... but I'd definitely call it the best one SINCE TDK.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Best trilogy overall? TDK still gives it a run for its money, I'm not sure if it's the best one ever... but I'd definitely call it the best one SINCE TDK.

That's only my opinion. TDK's trilogy is obviously incredible but I didn't like it that much : too dark, too realistic, not my favorite kind of movies.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

That's only my opinion. TDK's trilogy is obviously incredible but I didn't like it that much : too dark, too realistic, not my favorite kind of movies.

Righty then. To me it's close, but I think I still give the edge to Nolan because of Begins and TDK, which I find better films than First Avenger and Winter Soldier respectively. Civil War crushes TDKR, and the Cap trilogy is probably the more solid of the two, but the storytelling highs of TDK are greater than those of Cap imo.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, zackzack said:

X-men works as a seperate universe.

Fantastic Four fits much better with MCU because Dr. Doom, the Skrulls, Silver Surfer, and the FF themselves. Many of these characters go along with the Avengers like peanut butter and jelly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Fantastic Four fits much better with MCU because Dr. Doom, the Skrulls, Silver Surfer, and the FF themselves. Many of these characters go along with the Avengers like peanut butter and jelly.

Not just that, but the question of how high the stakes can get after Thanos. Only something like Galactus could reach that kind of sense of emergency in a post-Infinity War world.

14 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I think X-Men having a huge cast of characters works so it didn't need to interact with other Marvel characters 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

We're in the minority, true believer.

Most people consider TDK trilogy the best superhero trilogy.

Heath Ledger elevated it to legendary status.

The Cap trilogy is unquestionably the 2nd best SH trilogy and one of the top ten trilogies of all time.

• Like 2