kayumanggi

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY | Nov 2 2018 | Fox | Rami Malek | Queen biopic | Bryan Singer fired | Kindly avoid libeling anyone in this thread

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

I hope ASIB didn't steal its thunder. THere can only be one!

But seriously, did the hype die down? Where's the excitement?

Some early tweets from actual critics have been pretty unenthusiastic about the movie even though they all agree at least Rami is good. And of course there's the Bryan Singer baggage. Embargo is gonna break within the next few hours I think.

Edited by filmlover
  • Sad 1

sad for malek (even tho he's getting good notices). 

weren't the queen band members involved in the making of this movie? if this is how they want to be portraied, why are critics so mad? this is why i hate biopics

Edited by Alli

Just now, Frozen said:

Why would someone HATE this? I’m going to have to see it now. That’s a pretty strong emotional response to a movie. 

the full review makes it sound annoying for sure. basically he makes it sound like the dead guy gets all the flak and the alive members of the band who consulted on the movie all come out looking like angels. which has been my EXACT worry with this project for ages.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think having Brian May and Roger Taylor involved may have hurt the movie by not being truthful.

And who is to say what is truthful? The band members have the right to their perspective on events. they were personally involved in the events