kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

20 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

There is no way they were gonna do a "small" Avengers film after Endgame and definitely not so soon. That was never happening.

Why does everyone need there to be a full Avengers team before the next Avengers movie comes out? What's gained by cramming in the origin of a new team into like Shang-Chi 2 

I think we'll see post credit scenes with characters showing up and setting up Avengers like Wong in Cap 4, and then maybe Cap or Hulk in Thunderbolts etc

40 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

There is no way they were gonna do a "small" Avengers film after Endgame and definitely not so soon. That was never happening.

Why can’t there be an Avengers or Ultron like Avengers movie? Why does it have to be a 60+ hero event? A5 was likely going to fall anyways from Endgame due to how big it was and the main complaint the GA has had is that they didn’t really get much of the new team. But tbh I don’t think The Marvels fell as hard as it did if Carol had an Avengers movie to lead beforehand or uncertainty about where BNW lands. I don’t see the harm or story hinderace of doing a

40 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Why does everyone need there to be a full Avengers team before the next Avengers movie comes out? What's gained by cramming in the origin of a new team into like Shang-Chi 2 

I never said you have to cram into Shang-Chi 2 or any other Marvel film. You could do a theoretical Masters of Evil movie with the respective heroes teaming up and the world still not be ready for another Avengers and have them not form a team.

Edited by YM!

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't think people realize the Avengers were not big names either. Do you think anybody on the street knew who Vision was before Age of Ultron?

Agree. But this feels like a small reboot. And the first one still had a lot of OGs..

I have nothing against introducing new caracters.

But please don`t give me Avengers 2.0 filled with B list and/or a young woke Avengers running around with their teenage problems. We have Spiderman for that.

• Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, YM! said:

Ngl kind of hate the lesson Feige took out of Ultron was every Avengers movie must be a huge event for the fate of the universe. Really think a lot of characters Phase 4-6 would benefit from a teamup against Masters of Evil or Ultron’s return or upping Namor to villain. You don’t even have to have the movie end with them being the definitive Avengers but I think having a core 6-7 would help the narrative.

As Knight said, the individual movies became Ultron level like Civil War,  so the actual Avengers films had to be even bigger. Maybe Shang-Chi 2 or Black Panther 3 could be an Avengers lite CW type movie.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fmpro said:

Agree. But this feels like a small reboot. And the first one still had a lot of OGs..

I have nothing against introducing new caracters.

But please don`t give me Avengers 2.0 filled with B list and/or a young woke Avengers running around with their teenage problems. We have Spiderman for that.

WTF is a "young woke avenger", might be one of the stupidest things I've heard on here

• Like 3

I hate the word woke but I agree with the essence of what he's saying about the young avengers thing. One problem is they're written so poorly. Apart from Peter Parker and Shuri they don't really impress you. They just come off as any old teenagers. You don't buy that they're ready to take on the universe. 

Maybe that's just my age talking though. Maybe I really am getting too old for this stuff. 🤣 I do suspect, though, that a lot of the audience agrees and that a Young Avengers movie would not do that well. The interest and investment just isn't there.

I'm game for anything with the "experienced" Avengers though.

Edited by Insomnia
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KnightofNight237 said:

I mean they basically did that with Civil War

That's a story that has the Avengers as secondary characters, which is very different than "Cap 4 should end with Sam assembling a new Avengers team for the final battle" where they basically introduce them in a non-Avengers movie.

54 minutes ago, KnightofNight237 said:

WTF is a "young woke avenger", might be one of the stupidest things I've heard on here

well Insomnia explained it pretty well. No one is interested in a Avengers film with a lot of pimpled teenagers running around getting scolded by their parents for solving crime after 10pm on a school night

Oh. And fuck you to. 

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

19 minutes ago, fmpro said:

well Insomnia explained it pretty well. No one is interested in a Avengers film with a lot of pimpled teenagers running around getting scolded by their parents for solving crime after 10pm on a school night

The most famous Marvel character in history is a high school kid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The most famous Marvel character in history is a high school kid.

And as i wrote in my original post we have PP/Spiderman for that stuff. I don`t need a bunch of teenagers running around in a Avengers movie. 
Somewhere along the line i got the feeling that they wanted to go that way soon with Ms Marvel, Kate B and Cassie Lang being tee`d up the last couple of years..

Do you want to watch a Avengers movie with Ms Marvel, Kate Bishop, She-Hulk, Cassie Lang, Shuri  and Riri Williams with Captain Marvel as their leader and Spidey as the funny sidekick?

Its not a women bashing. I just think most of these caracters aren`t that interesting and Marvel has been really busy pushing young female caracters. Where are all the new young male caracters?

Edited by fmpro
  • Like 5
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 hours ago, fmpro said:

Oh. And fuck you to. 

not even going to respond to that, nothing I said warranted that language

6 hours ago, fmpro said:

Oh. And fuck you to. 

You are ok buddy. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't think an official "origin" of the team is needed in SC2 but Phases 4 and 5 heroes need opportunities to bond with each other and showcase their interrelationship dynamics. For instance, the original Avengers film, Ultron AND CW came within a span of just 4 years, and there were other moments of character dynamics on display in between those movies as well like Natasha and Steve in Winter Soldier. 

That was the main reason audiences connected with Phase 1 characters as a team in the first place. I appreciate Feige wanting to let the new, more diverse characters stand on their own but for sequels, Winter Soldier, CW and Ragnarok team-ups is the way to go. 

PS. The Marvels doesn't count as beyond Carol, they were just Disney+ characters at that point and Feige for some odd reason told folks the shows were NOT mandatory viewing for the films. I meant characters who have already made their theatrical debuts.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, fmpro said:

And as i wrote in my original post we have PP/Spiderman for that stuff. I don`t need a bunch of teenagers running around in a Avengers movie. 
Somewhere along the line i got the feeling that they wanted to go that way soon with Ms Marvel, Kate B and Cassie Lang being tee`d up the last couple of years..

Do you want to watch a Avengers movie with Ms Marvel, Kate Bishop, She-Hulk, Cassie Lang, Shuri  and Riri Williams with Captain Marvel as their leader and Spidey as the funny sidekick?

Its not a women bashing. I just think most of these caracters aren`t that interesting and Marvel has been really busy pushing young female caracters. Where are all the new young male caracters?

Yeah the new characters have no audience pull or interesting enough. 

We went from RDJ,Evans,SJ,ruffalo,wanda etc.... established actors who can work with pretty serviceable scripts and turn in a performance.

Hemsworth and Cumberbatch  have been severely underused and turned into clowns at this point . IW Thor and D strange were standouts and kind of been reduced to bumbling jokes and idiots . Thor 4 was an absolute slap in the face .

Boseman death was quite unfortunate .

Wanda maximoff was turned into psychopathic villain without much development and was an absolute  moron in MOM.

Look here I'm not against  adding young and new characters  but they should be sprinkled with old characters to firmly established with audience and grow their own from their. So many examples  of characters who were sidekicks to popular characters and eventually went on and increased in popularity and had their own stories.

Should there be a literal passing passing of the torch . Not really  

But a proverbial " passing of the torch" is effective . Smooth transition from old to new characters.

Most of the remaining old characters which the GA liked  are being handled poorly and the new characters are just not interesting and what happens  Audience completely disconnected.

Hard cut to new characters can be pulled off if those characters are well written and atleast interesting but  if they are not . Audience will only be reminded how good " the previous ones were " and how the new ones are not" and psychologically start to compare(same ordeal is happening to ST).

If they wanted to hard cut to Influx many new characters just have started off with X men and F4 straight from phase 4.

Should put  more emphasis  on heavy hitters spiderman, OG avengers members left  and X men and F4, Daredevil  if really well established .

Rest of the new characters esp least popular ones be sprinkled in civil war or winter soldier style for now. Schang chi is the popular one so his sequels should take more emphasis . I know it's been barely 3 yrs but it feels like ages since we saw him due to horsepipe of content we have received since then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KnightofNight237 said:

not even going to respond to that, nothing I said warranted that language

I don`t agree

• ...wtf 1

Jeez people take a chill pill... When I said Marvel missed a trick by not having Avengers was bcoz after every 4-5 movies we used to have Avengers movie which used to be a big event movie and used to get everyone together. Now every single Avengers movie doens't have to be a big villain or 60+ characters. Just getting together these guys for team up movie and u can build on other Avengers movies based off big villains like endgame/Infinity war. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

PS. The Marvels doesn't count

Okay so the exact example of the kind of thing you want doesn't count, okay, lmfao 

Question: how are characters supposed to make theatrical debuts if you keep insisting they can't include characters who haven't made theatrical debuts yet 

Edited by SpiderByte

30 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Okay so the exact example of the kind of thing you want doesn't count, okay, lmfao 

Question: how are characters supposed to make theatrical debuts if you keep insisting they can't include characters who haven't made theatrical debuts yet 

Why did you ignore every other point Spidey Freak made?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, YM! said:

Why did you ignore every other point Spidey Freak made?

Because that point contradicts everything they said before. "We want characters to return, but they need to be instantly popular before they debut" so fucking stupid. Let's get back to the actual movie the thread is about