kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Definitely. I think Raimi did the ideal with such a paper thing writing … very tight editing (not even 2 hours), high energy through, great visual ideas and concepts and an actual effort in directing the thing with personality and style. Those quirky transitions are amazing i still can’t believe so many fans hated that.

Not even the weight of the machine erased Raimi or Gunn with Guardians 3, it’s far from auteurish but all their trademarks are there and made with passion. Really loved both and i think this is what’s missing from MCU, they’re priotizing more and more directors that are easily erased like Russos, Jon Watts or Shawn Levy. Sometimes it makes more well round movies, but always less interesting ones because it’s clearly from the producer.

Yeah and also idk why people complain about the Illuminati getting killed off quickly. I thought that made it more fun and just more batshit insane. Did people just want meaningless cameos?

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 1

EG first act . Unexpected in parts and really great.

Second act : Time travel plot that produces a whole lot of contrivances and definitely feels a like a plotdevice to take us through fan service and "MCU greatest hits" and create some closure for certain character. Did I enjoy this and enjoy some of the banter , yes  .

Third act. All the heroes are back and those from the Blip are magically organized and come together in seconds to come through those portals for "avengers assemble"sure okay.. and have your mega battle. Did I enjoy this ,yes absolutely went nuts in the theatre.

Some really good performances , good  sendoff to original cast of avengers for the most part.

Still love the movie but after fan service gaggles and the excitement  of that time . Movie definitely has some ehh moments where script was lazy.

Weakest Russo's film in their MCU filmography.

3 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Well No Way Home is honestly also just as flawed as Multiverse of Madness but that got an A+ CinemaScore compared to DS2's mid B+. Like I don't get it. . .why are some movies so much better received by audiences despite being just as meh?

They both have messy plots I suppose, but NWH had a nice arc for Peter and the teamup of the three Spider-Men was dynamite. DS2 just felt empty and Wanda's turn was probably the worst decision the MCU ever made.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Did people just want meaningless cameos?

Well yes, i think the legs showed exactly that, which is quite sad and probably is what put a high pressure in this Deadpool to deliver in this category of cameo fest.

1 minute ago, Reddroast said:

Sure you can.

I'll give some examples: food fight, cats (2019) ready to rumble. Those are all objectly bad films. 

Speed Racer have similar awful reviews and is absolutely incredible. This is not a math scenario, is art.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Well yes, i think the legs showed exactly that, which is quite sad and probably is what put a high pressure in this Deadpool to deliver in this category of cameo fest.

Well I think another big reason was meh WOM from being too reliant on Disney+ shows. The last time audiences saw Wanda in a movie was Endgame and for her to suddenly turn into a school shooter was. . .divisive

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 1

Just now, HummingLemon496 said:

Well I think another big reason was meh WOM from being too reliant on Disney+ shows. The last time audiences saw Wanda in a movie was Endgame and for her to suddenly turn into a school shooter was. . .divisive

very interesting description

Just now, abracadabra1998 said:

This thread isn’t spicy enough, so let me help. Finally watched Wakanda Forever this morning and… I’m pretty sure it’s the best MCU movie since Infinity War 

W take.

It had good critic reception (84%), audience reception (A/95%), and was very successful ($259M profit) despite losing its main lead and the internet talks about it as if it's a trash failure because. . .?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

This thread isn’t spicy enough, so let me help. Finally watched Wakanda Forever this morning and… I’m pretty sure it’s the best MCU movie since Infinity War 

Liked this movie as well, love the characters and i really love that overall it looks like an actual movie. 

I do think tho the movie doesn’t have such a strong thematic point or focus. It have a lot of great ideas that feels like first draft, so it have many great isolated moments but the thing as a whole feels a bit off. 

I really find a bit disrespectful that Chapek give the crew like 6 months to find another movie after the tragedy. It feels like they didn’t have enough time to process the pain and maturate the many great ideas they had.

Still a pretty interesting movie, which is very impressive for such a troubled production, Coogler is really good in what he does, it’ll be a shame if Marvel loses him like some people speculate.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Haven't enjoyed an MCU movie as much since (GOTG3 and BP:WF close).

DS2 has a terrible script and book of vishanti plotline  is one the lowest IQ moments in the MCU  and dumbest macguffins I've seen .

Wanda maximoff characterisation is what is really agggrecious and baffling.

Buts it's got great visuals and kept me engaged all through . Thank raimi for that.

Thor 4 was truly one hell of unfunny stinker .

9 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Definitely. I think Raimi did the ideal with such a paper thin writing … very tight editing (not even 2 hours), high energy through, great visual ideas and concepts and an actual effort in directing the thing with personality and style. Those quirky transitions are amazing i still can’t believe so many fans hated that.

Not even the weight of the machine erased Raimi or Gunn with Guardians 3, it’s far from auteurish but all their trademarks are there and made with passion. Really loved both and i think this is what’s missing from MCU, they’re priotizing more and more directors that are easily erased like Russos, Jon Watts or Shawn Levy. Sometimes it makes more well round movies, but always less interesting ones because it’s clearly from the producer.

It is a visually nice movie so I can see it playing better if you're less invested in character or story. Wanda falling right into a "woman with power becomes hysterical" trope is truly awful and Strange's whole arc where his big life lesson is to learn to not murder a teenager for her powers is baffling stuff. The worst thing about it though is that Wanda and Strange don't even know each other so there's no drama to be mined from her going bad. Strange has no reason to care and he doesn't so she just becomes another generic MCU villain. If you're going to have an Avenger break bad, you should at least include some characters that have a stake in their downfall. 

• Like 2