kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

1 minute ago, Joyous Legion said:

200M used to mean truly huge opening business, largely not the case anymore. Both why it’s possible and why it won’t be “industry shifting” if it does happen

Like when BP did 200M, that was 6th best adjusted OW of all time. Now it’s 26th

The biggest shift I hope can come from this is that Disney and Marvel have no excuse to not lean more into R-rated stuff alongside the PG-13 if this does gangbusters. That said this movie has every ingredient pre-release to be a huge movie, R-rated or not. But I really hope it blows up big and does 1B+ so we can get more mature stuff. This is the biggest project they will probably do that´s R-Rated so hoping it goes to the maximum. 

9 hours ago, Joyous Legion said:

200M used to mean truly huge opening business, largely not the case anymore. Both why it’s possible and why it won’t be “industry shifting” if it does happen

Idk why you act like 200 million openers are common. It's only happened 8 times ever. In the last 5 years there have only been 2.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Idk why you act like 200 million openers are common. It's only happened 8 times ever. In the last 5 years there have only been 2.

10 hours ago, Joyous Legion said:

Like when BP did 200M, that was 6th best adjusted OW of all time. Now it’s 26th

41 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Adjusted is doing some heavy lifting there.

Equivalently, nominal is doing some heavy lifting in the idea that 200M is still a really tippy top megahuge open.   

I mean, it’s still good, don’t get me wrong. It’s not easy, or common, it’d be only the 2nd one post pandemic. But that’s largely driven by not having almost any huge opener type movies post pandemic. It’s just no longer sufficient to be one of the biggest moviegoing weekends we’ve ever seen, the way it was a few years ago

2 hours ago, Joyous Legion said:

Equivalently, nominal is doing some heavy lifting in the idea that 200M is still a really tippy top megahuge open.   

I mean, it’s still good, don’t get me wrong. It’s not easy, or common, it’d be only the 2nd one post pandemic. But that’s largely driven by not having almost any huge opener type movies post pandemic. It’s just no longer sufficient to be one of the biggest moviegoing weekends we’ve ever seen, the way it was a few years ago

Sure, but again this is an R-rated film, near $200M or a $200M OW for an R-rated film is absolutely incredible be it now or a few years ago. That point seems to have been discounted throughout this conversation

1 hour ago, BigBoxOfficeBucks said:

The fact that they are willing to show you 40 minutes of footage means they know they got a FREAKING giant hit. This shit is fire!
If you are still not in the WW 2 billion club, you are surely missing out. 

Who is in the club with me? Let's freaking go !  

I love the enthusiasm but I just doubt that this movie will have the thrust overseas to get to that mark. Let's say it gets to $700M domestic, it would still need $1.3B overseas. Yeah, no way.

1 hour ago, Insomnia said:

I love the enthusiasm but I just doubt that this movie will have the thrust overseas to get to that mark. Let's say it gets to $700M domestic, it would still need $1.3B overseas. Yeah, no way.

Agree. Lets be realistic. 200 mill OW is a longshot. A multiplier of 3 will be hard.

2B WW?? Yeah right.

I see 170/485 and 1.15 B total WW to be realistic ballpark. Could be a little more or a little less. But i highly doubt more than +/- 100 mill WW

8 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Agree. Lets be realistic. 200 mill OW is a longshot. A multiplier of 3 will be hard.

2B WW?? Yeah right.

I see 170/485 and 1.15 B total WW to be realistic ballpark. Could be a little more or a little less. But i highly doubt more than +/- 100 mill WW

$200M OW is not a longshot at all. $180M+ looks pretty good rn and like Jatinder said last week "$200M+ is more likely than just $150M"

A long shot would be something like $220M+