kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

Someone says - I like Movie A, had a fun time, great one.

Then People bring past to reply - He praised Movie B, which wasn't good, means this isn't good too or this shouldn't be taken seriously.

See that's how it works. Deadpool Wolverine is different than Flash, shouldn't be compared.

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Someone says - I like Movie A, had a fun time, great one.

Then People bring past to reply - He praised Movie B, which wasn't good, means this isn't good too or this shouldn't be taken seriously.

See that's how it works. Deadpool Wolverine is different than Flash, shouldn't be compared.

It's a multiverse cameo fest, seems pretty comparable to me

5 minutes ago, BigBoxOfficeBucks said:

Judging from the early reactions, it seems that my 2 billion WW club is dead on arrival. LOL. So disappointing, man. No wonder they push the review embargo to such a late date. Kevin Feige, I trusted you to deliver, man. What the heck?

$2b is not realistic. Even NWH couldn’t get there. 

My advice is wait for real reviews and more importantly WOM

Just now, HummingLemon496 said:

I'll add to this:

So were The Flash and Inside Out 2

But wildly different reception ;)

Everything Everywhere All At One Time too, different reception to Dr Strange and Flash. 

I had a blast watching this one. Also the marketing did a great job hiding like practically everything in the trailers. 

Most of the jokes were great, had the audience rolling. I'm also thankful it feels like a Deadpool movie still despite the obvious changes and MCU 

The main storyline itself wasn't as good as the other two movies IMO but with the humor landing not sure I really noticed. A lot of references and love for Fox. If you're feeling tired of MCU movies, I think you can make an exception for this one.

• Like 9

Bruh I'm scared of reviews :(

Lowkey imma go on a full Reddit/BOT/YouTube blackout

(or just I'll go to the YT channel by the link rather than scrolling through the recommended page where I can guarantee you there's going be some shitty cam rip with the title "oh my god this cameo is in DP3" and therefore getting spoiled; seriously, from the bottom of my heart, fuck those videos)

Edited by HummingLemon496

Only reason to be scared of reviews is because of MCU's history of audience reception matching with Reviews. 

But i won't be surprised if this one bucks the trend by having glowing audience reception irrespective of Reviews.

The Geeks and Nerds are all seemingly satisfied and that's basically a big part of the general audience.

I have no doubt audiences will eat it up, it's made for them. But I'm surprised to see critics who praised another corporate cameo fest No Way Home suddenly disliking this one for exactly the same thing. Anyway, it'll make its billion, maybe even more, even if critics reviews are mixed (nerds and influencers will carry it to fresh RT threshold though)

Edited by TomThomas

4 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522dgze2rkzqihjywc8o

These are minority. All the verifed RT critics I know liked it-- 80 to 90% RT score is locked

Edited by Geo1500

3 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522dgze2rkzqihjywc8o

And this comment is coming from the same guy who has been hyping this movie up

Oh fucking god. . .

PLEASE get good reviews

"Fun but bad story"

"Fun" is the more important part, story as long as not like MoM, is fine. 

No one is going for this movie for Story.

Only thing i'm taking out of the reactions is that it hasn't lost its identity from the first two Deadpool films despite the multiverse shenanigans which is encouraging. Rewatched the other Deadpool films and I enjoy both a bit (even if not quite love). Think I like 2 slightly more than the first.

5 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

These are minority. All the verifed RT critics I know liked it-- 80 to 90% RT score

Yes I hope so

And for the Shawn Chandler example, he gave Barbie (you know, highest grossing movie of 2023 and nearly 4x legs) a ROTTEN review

So who gives a fuck what he thinks?

Edited by HummingLemon496

Actually story wouldn't have mattered for Multiverse of Madness too, it just ruined the characters of Wanda and Strange so that was the issue.

As long as People love Deadpool and Wolverine in movie, it's fine.