kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

5 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Well No Way Home is honestly also just as flawed as Multiverse of Madness but that got an A+ CinemaScore compared to DS2's mid B+. Like I don't get it. . .why are some movies so much better received by audiences despite being just as meh?

No Way Home didn't do character assassination of the fan favorite characters.

Plus it was a crowd pleaser, only thing crowd pleasing in MoM was when it ended. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

When exactly did it become the norm to rush to the defense of corporate filmmaking? If a critic says that this movie exists solely to make money, I think it’s pretty obvious they’re saying that there’s no passion behind it. That it’s a cynical studio product, and not a story that anyone genuinely wanted to tell.

To be clear, I haven’t seen this movie yet, so I’m not personally judging it on that basis. 

• Like 2

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Why would GotG3 be excluded. It released more recently than all but of those. Even BP2 released more recently than two on that list.

He's picking out the other movies which had mid reception I guess? Out of the last 6 MCU movies, GOTG 3/BP2 were the only ones to get an A on CinemaScore, rest were B/B+

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Why would GotG3 be excluded. It released more recently than all but of those. Even BP2 released more recently than two on that list.

Don’t question the prophet!

14 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

That fake ass eye popping out of nowhere was so funny.

Don't remind me, funny thing.

They had seen the reception of Game of Thrones season 8 and still decided to turn One of their most beloved character into a deranged murder drone. 

They're explanation - It happened in comics and she read a book.

Like how sidhr anyone at Marvel thought that this would be a good idea.

And on top of that turning her into this unbeatable force of destruction basically ruined Strange's character too who spent entire movie doing...... Nothing.

9 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I agree with u/AgentCooper315 that Deadpool 3 will get an A- CinemaScore. He also called $620M+ DOM for Inside Out 2 very early on

So congrats to Inside Out 2 in advance for 2024 box office crown.

22 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

He's picking out the other movies which had mid reception I guess? Out of the last 6 MCU movies, GOTG 3/BP2 were the only ones to get an A on CinemaScore, rest were B/B+

They kept the two worst rated there and left off the two best received even though both were rejeased more recently. It's not like BP2 or GotG3 received overwhelming acclaim. Either way. Seems almost baity.

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

They kept the two worst rated there and left off the two best received even though both were rejeased more recently. It's not like BP2 or GotG3 received overwhelming acclaim. Either way. Seems almost baity.

Yeah ok it is kinda dumb

33 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I agree with u/AgentCooper315 that Deadpool 3 will get an A- CinemaScore. He also called $620M+ DOM for Inside Out 2 very early on

I hope it gets an F cinemascore so you shut up about him going forward

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Hilarious considering on Letterboxd, and RT those are the movies that DP3 is closest to. Not the others. Cherry picking.