kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

8 hours ago, Reddroast said:

Like I fully blame the mess that was X-Men Origins on the fox exces ( Tom Rothman does not understand nerdy properties). Zilla was all on Emmerich and Devlin. 

( The petty fuck you to Roger Ebert comes to mind)

Thinking that the source material is beneath them.

@ZeeSoh, I’ve been thinking, there is an insane amount of amazing interviews and promos getting released for this film that kinda spoil the plot of the film. Can we start posting them with spoiler tags?

This interview with Shawn Levy I’m watching right now for Josh Horowitz’s Happy Sad Confused is amazing and brings a lot of insight on their creative process:

And then there is this interview with this key surprise character that is just a delight and I cannot wait if we see more of this actor in the MCU’s future. This actor was born for this and I strongly believe that there is a lot of interesting things they could do with this role in the future:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

@ZeeSoh, I’ve been thinking, there is an insane amount of amazing interviews and promos getting released for this film that kinda spoil the plot of the film. Can we start posting them with spoiler tags?

This interview with Shawn Levy I’m watching right now for Josh Horowitz’s Happy Sad Confused is amazing and brings a lot of insight on their creative process:

And then there is this interview with this key surprise character that is just a delight and I cannot wait if we see more of this actor in the MCU’s future. This actor was born for this and I strongly believe that there is a lot of interesting things they could do with this role in the future:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler under spoiler tags are allowed in the Movie's own thread. They are not allowed in the Weekend/Weekdays numbers thread. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Lmao at the third most popular comment of this $600M+ DOM, $1.35B+ WW movie being "the trailers were crap and the reviews are going to be crap"

Making money doesn't mean a movie is good or well written, look at TLK 2019, which was even higher WW despite being trash.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Making money doesn't mean a movie is good or well written, look at TLK 2019, which was even higher WW despite being trash.

I love this, really love these takes. I think that Top Gun Maverick is also trash but I never cared to actually trash it, same for Joker. It’s always funny how abundantly clear some posts here are always tinted on a franchise war lenses and for some odd reason like @ZeeSoh himself posted about recently, posts like this aren’t not just dime a dozen here, but incentivized. When it comes to Marvel Studios films I mean, when it’s everything else is reviled upon. 

35 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Ok true, but the "reviews will be crap" thing definitely got proven wrong. 78% RT and 56 MetaCritic are mixed at best, and audience reception being fantastic puts another nail in that coffin.

10 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

Deadpool & Wolverine trying to help It Ends With Us win the weekend.

SOmeone tell these two that in real life Ryan Reynolds and BLake Lively are marries with a daughter.

Also, though she never shows her face, Lively had a cameo in Deadpool and Wolverine (she was Ladypoole).

Frosty starts this one hour long interview how it feels they have topped Jesus at the box office. Some insane insights on how they went with the making of Deadpool & Wolverine and I highly recommend the watch.

On 8/5/2024 at 6:15 PM, Bob Train said:

If there is one group of people I reallly have lot of contempt for, it is those who equate making a lot of money with being a good film.

One reason is that if that is true, then the opposite has got to be true, if a film losses money, it is a bad film. Some of what are now are almost universally considered great films failed at the box office when they first came out.