kayumanggi

JUSTICE LEAGUE | 427.2 M overseas ● 654.4 M worldwide

55 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Give it some time. They take a while to fully update these things.

So what should the WW numbers be on with monday international numbers and with the US Monday numbers 7.51m. 305 like Mendelson posted ?

Edited by mredman

3 hours ago, zackzack said:

Something tells me JL will hit somewhere around MoS WW of  $668M......

Back to the drawing board?

what are you even babbling about. this franchise made them 3.4 billion of 4 movies with combined budget of 799 million. Troll harder.

3 hours ago, zackzack said:

I think that already happened after BvS and SS. JL project went to just a part 1 also, it was just so fast a turn around after BvS that we didn't fully see the impacts of the change.

Edited by Barnack

4 hours ago, zackzack said:

Something tells me JL will hit somewhere around MoS WW of  $668M......

If JL cover a 1.98x in 10days in both N/A and O.S then it will look like this 

185/365=550 if that’s where it’s gonna be then 700mil is the floor with a high possibility of 800mil ww If it’s Domestic/foreign ratio stays the same.

Usually The multipiers are identical(some sway up and down).

IF JL has a 2.9x then it’s 814mil ww,If it’s a 3x then 834mil.

Edited by Brainiac5

11 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Well you know not everyone has Thanksgiving boosting the numbers...

It has to stay flat from last week (Wednesday-Sunday) $185m+$185m= $370m

Put it this way it had a 17.5mil Monday and didn't include China or Korea.

If it keeps it up then you can very well see a overseas total over 340mil Monday.

Edited by Brainiac5

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

According to Scott Mendelson, Justice League has made 325 million worldwide. No idea if he's spot on or not, but that's what he said.

That’s already 214 foreign and only Monday Numbers are included (via RTH).

As I keep saying “many have jumped the gun “ .

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

@Brainiac5

I mean you may end up right, but even If it does $800m (which I would give about a 5% chance or less right now), it really is still a disapointment.

As I said before”Much rather see this film be  labeled as a Disappointment/Underperformance then a flop”.

Its a flop no matter how you slice it. Selling less than half the tickets as Avengers Domestic and OS with the Superheroes who have been the most popular for a hundred years not just since 2008. Its a box office disaster if you ask me. Its so bad,I legit feel bad/embarrassed for WB and everyone involved. Million upon millions of people are still gonna see it, end of the day its whatever, but WB is going to loose money on JL. Thats supposed to be your gravy. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Its a flop no matter how you slice it. Selling less than half the tickets as Avengers Domestic and OS with the Superheroes who have been the most popular for a hundred years not just since 2008. Its a box office disaster if you as me. Its so bad,I legit feel bad/embarrassed for WB and everyone involved. 

This is a fanboy logic as films are not determined a success by matching the numbers of other films.

The film has to clear its budget first and anything over that is a plus.

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

This is a fanboy logic as films are not determined a success by matching the numbers of other films.

You have the fan boy issue hahah your making a fool of your self. honestly, thinking 700m for JL is ok, is bad. you should get a check up. You can love the movie all you want thats ok, I'm glad. but its going down in history as one of the most disappointing BO performances ever. 

7 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

You have the fan boy issue hahah your making a fool of your self. honestly, thinking 700m for JL is ok, is bad. you should get a check up. You can love the movie all you want thats ok, I'm glad. but its going down in history as one of the most disappointing BO performances ever. 

When have ever said “700mil

for JL is ok”? It’s respectable as far as CBM goes.

As I said before I much rather the film

be labeled as a Disappointment then a flop.

Why is that so hard for you to believe?

1 hour ago, Brainiac5 said:

Nope a film (those made purely for money like those franchise title) has to clear their return points (a certain ROI) anything over that is a plus.

There is a laps of time between the spending of the money and reimbursing it, money has lost value during that time and more importanly in those days of low inflation was not spent on something else, clearing is budget is far to put it in the success category, the difference between clearing the budget and the success bar of titles were a lot of profits are shared by big above the lines names can be over 150m at the box office.

Take a movie like Inferno, there were 3 different bar set by the studio when they thought it would have a 90m budget instead of a surprise lower 75m because of the exchange rate drop:

Break even point: 208m (68.6 dbo, 140m intl), far from a success at that point.

Return GP Break (14.6% ROI): 341m (115.9 dbo, 226 intl) for a 52m in profit at that point that was a good use of capital for a company like Sony, anything about that is yes a plus.

Third one being what was put in their budget (400m WW, the expectation)

Inferno made cheaper than expected and doing 220m Worldwide maybe turned a small profit, that does not make it successful, it needed to do in the 300m to be a success and have talk on continuing that franchise.

That 14.6% ROI objective and what is considered a good return vs a bad return is certainly completely determined by the competition, and it will be different in the smarthphone market, than the video game market than in the grocery store chain market.

Now when talking about box office on a message board, we judge movie performance a lot for what they did vs their potential, that how we judge the jobs done by people in charge (from the CEO, to director's, to actor selling the movie, to marketing department, release timing to audience reaction), there is no much other way to judge movie than versus their potential, even if we say oh that is good it made 3 time it<s budget, that is purely under the context of what movie do in average. Everything is always relative, good exist only in the context of comparison, same for bad.

If the last Jedi do 725m WW and do not reach 300m domestic, maybe that will be respectable for a space fantasy (destroyed Valerian after all, not far from Guardian of the Galaxy and that was judged a big success), but that will be compared to the Force Awaken/Jurassic World/Avengers/Avatar 2 type of performance and be considered a disaster with Disney having to react and change all their Star wars plans

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

According to Scott Mendelson, Justice League has made 325 million worldwide. No idea if he's spot on or not, but that's what he said.

Something doesnt add up with Mendelsons numbers. He said JL is at 305 on Monday which would mean it made 26 million worldwide on Monday including 7.3 Dom and 18.7 OS. He says JL had made 325 by Tuesday which would give 20m worldwide on Tuesday. Remove 10.5 Dom from those number would mean it made 9.5m OS. If that is true that would mean a 49% Tuesday OS drop which is massive. So either something is off here or JL took a huge tumble on Tuesday for some reason

31 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Put it this way it had a 17.5mil Monday and didn't include China or Korea.

If it keeps it up then you can very well see a overseas total over 340mil Monday.

It did 18.7 on Monday OS as per Mendelsons number of 305 and that includes China and SK

29 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

That’s already 214 foreign and only Monday Numbers are included (via RTH).

As I keep saying “many have jumped the gun “ .

The 325 number by Mendelson includes Tuesday OS numbers as well. Rth replied yesterday to my comment speculating whether the monday total included China and SK totals up to Tuesday or not. He has said nothing about the new numbers provided by Mendelson today

The domestic numbers are disappointing, for sure. I mean, Batman Forever's domestic gross is 302 million, adjusted for inflation. That means, Batman Forever ( freaking Batman Forever!!!! ) sold more tickets than a movie with Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman.

However, the overseas numbers are much better. Sure, they could have been even better, but that's what we have for now. 

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Something doesnt add up with Mendelsons numbers. He said JL is at 305 on Monday which would mean it made 26 million worldwide on Monday including 7.3 Dom and 18.7 OS. He says JL had made 325 by Tuesday which would give 20m worldwide on Tuesday. Remove 10.5 Dom from those number would mean it made 9.5m OS. If that is true that would mean a 49% Tuesday OS drop which is massive. So either something is off here or JL took a huge tumble on Tuesday for some reason

It did 18.7 on Monday OS as per Mendelsons number of 305 and that includes China and SK

The 325 number by Mendelson includes Tuesday OS numbers as well. Rth replied yesterday to my comment speculating whether the monday total included China and SK totals up to Tuesday or not. He has said nothing about the new numbers provided by Mendelson today

Yeah, better wait for a possible update from Rth in that regard.