kayumanggi

JUSTICE LEAGUE | 427.2 M overseas ● 654.4 M worldwide

25 minutes ago, Sam said:

Let’s go with 180M OS opening weekend. 2.6x gives it about 470. +27M from this week Wed/Thu. And like 10M from Japan. That’ll put it at 505M OS.

2.6x legs seem a bit generous too. 

So I think it’ll be a really close call for the 500M OS milestone. 

Thor is likely to not manage 2.6 legs. It's OS legs may be more like 2.45-2.5. So I find it hard to believe that JL would manage bigger legs than Thor

2 minutes ago, Rth Ragnarok said:

WE should be around 180m (inclu wed/thu), final 400-500

That’s like 155M for 3-day OW, lower end of my expectation. And with like 50M-55M from China already. 

I can’t see 500M OS total off of that.

Thanks Rth. 

• Like 2

Considering 180 ow includes Wed and Thu, can't be very generous with legs. But even using 2.5x, it gets to 450 OS. Japan could add 10-15 for 460-465.

Dom could do 2.5x (say with a 95 ow) giving 235-240.

Gives 460-465 + 235-240 = 695-705 ww.

But I think it will go below that range (for eg: I don't see Japan coming close to 15 even thought I have used that number).

670-680 probably (amazingly a full 200 below BVS).

IT ends up beating JL and TF5 without releasing in China. Simply stunning.

If IT has an insane run in Japan and ends up releasing China doing well there too, can it target POTC5's 794+ ww?

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, a2knet said:

Considering 180 ow includes Wed and Thu, can't be very generous with legs. But even using 2.5x, it gets to 450 OS. Japan could add 10-15 for 460-465.

Dom could do 2.5x (say with a 95 ow) giving 235-240.

Gives 460-465 + 235-240 = 695-705 ww.

But I think it will go below that range (for eg: I don't see Japan coming close to 15 even thought I have used that number).

670-680 probably (amazingly a full 200 below BVS).

IT ends up beating JL and TF5 without releasing in China. Simply stunning.

If IT has an insane run in Japan and ends up releasing China doing well there too, can it target POTC5's 794+ ww?

I’m over the moon with IT’s run. But I don’t see how it’ll be allowed a release in China. They’d have to completely butcher the film for the censors, to the point that the film wouldn’t make sense. 

2 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Jeez..

And people were telling me that DCEU was Warner Bros' biggest franchise...

It is even with this because it has the potential to release 2-3 movies a year for years to come. 

Even with this dud WW did $822m so the DCEU will have brought in at least $1.5b revenues this year not including merchandising

They've severely damaged it but they have the opportunity to fix it.

14 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It is even with this because it has the potential to release 2-3 movies a year for years to come. 

Even with this dud WW did $822m so the DCEU will have brought in at least $1.5b revenues this year not including merchandising

Being the biggest franchise means there is bigger demand for it.

Harry Potter has always been their biggest gun. Overseas it's not really debatable.

51 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yup, one superhero cinematic universe can do better than most studios, including Lionsgate, Paramount, and Sony.