kayumanggi

JUSTICE LEAGUE | 427.2 M overseas ● 654.4 M worldwide

46 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Put it this way it had a 17.5mil Monday and didn't include China or Korea.

If it keeps it up then you can very well see a overseas total over 340mil Monday.

Nevermind I totally forgot it already opened in China 

Edited by XO21

13 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Something doesnt add up with Mendelsons numbers. He said JL is at 305 on Monday which would mean it made 26 million worldwide on Monday including 7.3 Dom and 18.7 OS. He says JL had made 325 by Tuesday which would give 20m worldwide on Tuesday. Remove 10.5 Dom from those number would mean it made 9.5m OS. If that is true that would mean a 49% Tuesday OS drop which is massive. So either something is off here or JL took a huge tumble on Tuesday for some reason

It did 18.7 on Monday OS as per Mendelsons number of 305 and that includes China and SK

The 325 number by Mendelson includes Tuesday OS numbers as well. Rth replied yesterday to my comment speculating whether the monday total included China and SK totals up to Tuesday or not. He has said nothing about the new numbers provided by Mendelson today

RTH responded to me about the 18.5 Monday and it didn’t include China or SK.

ITS unclear  about the 325 but we will have some clarification soon.

Edited by Brainiac5

2 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

RTH responded to me about the 18.5 Monday and it didn’t include China or SK.

The 305 included 7.5 dom and 17.5 o.s..

Tuesday However May have not added N/A.

ITS unclear but we will have some clarification soon.

I am looking at Rth's posts right now and he replied to your comment asking if it made 17 million OS on Monday. He did not say anywhere that that OS number did not include SK or China. 

That article by Mendelson which mentioned 325 number today includes the 10.5m Dom. It says in the article itself

30 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

for JL is ok”? It’s respectable as far as CBM goes.

Comic book movies being pretty much the biggest genre in the world (I imagine pixar like style giant animation being the only competition), I am not so sure what that distinction is adding, is there any genre after that as far X goes that 700m would look less good than for a CBM ?

Days of Future past did 747.9m in a 36.4b box office market (2.05% market share), 2017 projection are to be a 41.2b market, if we consider that China local production are now bigger than back then in proportion and be a bit pessimistic and consider the 2017 market a 40.5b one, that would give an adjusted for the market growth box office of: 846.5m

Other team up CBM:

Avengers: 1,518,812,988 * 40.5 / 34.7 = 1.77b

Ultron: 1.405 * 40.5 / 38.3 = 1.485b

Civil War: 1.15b

Days: 846.5m

Justice League (arguably 2 of the 3 biggest hero of all time spiderman missing, added Wonder Woman just coming from a giant hit, Aquaman with a Game of Thrones actor + others): 700m

Logan: 616m

If it was an average super heroes movie, an X-men entry among the already 12 of them, a new origin story, etc... 700m would be great for sure.

But for what was something that had the biggest clout/franchise appeal of all time, that was clearly demonstrated by the giant opening Day of Batman V Superman, the giant sales of the video games of Batman during that time, having to ask will it reach 700 or 750m ? is probably not respectable, I really doubt studio exec and CA board member at WB see those numbers has respectable.

It is a giant you get 2-3 billion dollar movie (with all the impact that has on the tv shows, video games, all the studios branch) if you do not mess it up that failed to even get close has of now.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Below 800: disappointment 

Below 700: flop

I thought a while ago anything above BvS performance (both domestic and Oversea) would have made it an automatic form of success, showing that BvS didn't hurt the brand to much and rebuilding toward growth.

Close to BvS would have been neutral, anything significantly (10%) below (domestic or ww) would have put it in disappointment zone I would think (so way probably same number than yours).

Flop for franchise movie is an harder word to use, it is not so much about the movie direct loss, than the franchise value loss.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mredman said:

[mod edit]

[mod edit] Im the furthest from a marvel fanboy the marvel fan boys hate me. 

McDonalds looses money when they still make money. Big companies. MUST hit projections not profit. McDonalds stock fell when they grew 5% because they year before they did 8%. Don't you watch movies too? so many times we see people get fired this way hahah

Movies we didn't know about, got canceled, small movies, other movies got budget cuts, other movies needed this to hit 1B so they got the green light and so forth. All because this failed. 

If the company says we expect blank they must hit blank. DC didn't go make and invest 300m on budget for a JL movie to do less than half the avengers but more importably 300m less than there last 2 batman movies with a WAY lower domestic take, its gonna have Way lower video sales, and its never going to last in pop culture the way all 3 of these movies did. 

Do you know what Tentpole  means? JL is Tentpole movie.....  "film industry terms used to designate a film's box office actual and predicted success. Both terms refer to large-scale studio movies designed to generate maximum profit"

"a tent-pole or tentpole is a program or movie that supports the financial performance of a movie studio or television network"

A tentpole film is supposed to do well enough to cover your loses on other films. 

Just BASIC MATH 

250 domestic = 138

380 OS = 152

150 China = 37.5

327m from theater gross.

Budget 300 not even counting marketing and so on. Aren't they saying its gonna loose 100m now?  Im sorry but DOFP is gonna make more profit than this. Thats NOT what Wb was projecting and thats ALL that matter.  This was written down as there doomsday scenario when they did projections before green lighting. shit it might even been worse than that. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I am looking at Rth's posts right now and he replied to your comment asking if it made 17 million OS on Monday. He did not say anywhere that that OS number did not include SK or China. 

That article by Mendelson which mentioned 325 number today includes the 10.5m Dom. It says in the article itself

Link me

that conversation as I’m looking for it but can’t seem to

find it.

I could have sworn I asked him about China and SK as well.

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2017 at 2:04 AM, Brainiac5 said:

So 17 mil overseas Monday?

does anyone knows how much it made on Monday ?

That will help us predict where it’s foreign total will be on Monday.

Here is your post asking if it made 17 OS or not on Monday. You did not ask about China or SK

23 hours ago, Rth Ragnarok said:

Yes

Here is Rth response to you. Again nothing about China or SK.

You can go here https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/25126-monday-numbers-justice-league-75m-wonder-4m-thor-25m/?page=20&tab=comments#comment-3263162

for my speculation whether the monday includes tuesday numbers from China/SK. And on this page https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/25126-monday-numbers-justice-league-75m-wonder-4m-thor-25m/?page=21 you can see RTh's response saying the 305 number only includes Monday numbers from Sk/China. Now this was yesterday and a day before the 325 article from Mendelson. As you can see Rth said that the 305 number includes monday SK/China number. He doesnt say anything about the Tuesday numbers

12 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Link me

find it.

I hope it is clear now

Edited by ZeeSoh

4 minutes ago, Quigley said:

@Jay Hollywood thanks for the perspective. I did feel like this was bad but I didn't realise it was so bad.

it isnt at all. Teamupmovies is not new anymore so the big openings for those do not Avengers 1 numbers anymore. Also Deadline did say 700 million would get it in profit land. Even Tele yesterday said JL will get in profit and eventually earn money. Jay is twisting everything around. Also it earned money on Product placement which he does not calculate in his numbers either. Fores even say 700 million will get this in profit

Edited by mredman
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Here is your post asking if it made 17 OS or not on Monday. You did not ask about China or SK

Here is Rth response to you. Again nothing about China or SK.

You can go here https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/25126-monday-numbers-justice-league-75m-wonder-4m-thor-25m/?page=20&tab=comments#comment-3263162

for my speculation whether the monday includes tuesday numbers from China/SK. And on this page https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/25126-monday-numbers-justice-league-75m-wonder-4m-thor-25m/?page=21 you can see RTh's response saying the 305 number only includes Monday numbers from Sk/China. Now this was yesterday and a day before the 325 article from Mendelson. As you can see Rth said that the 305 number includes monday SK/China number. He doesnt say anything about the Tuesday numbers

I hope it is clear now

Ok it’s clear now but we shall see where everything is by Monday for sure.

I can see why you say the Numbers don’t add up if they have O.S numbers as well.

The film doesn’t seem

to be crashing like that in the foreign markets so I have no ideal.Scott may have had a typo there.

Edited by Brainiac5

23 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Link me

find it.

You did and he did answer that it wasn't included, I remember seeing it in the JL thread or the Monday Thread.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mredman said:

Since you say you are not a DCEU hater. Show me one post history of yours that is not negative on this even before the OW

I gave the movie a thumbs up. I liked it more than Thor 3. 

I waited in line 4 hours for MOS midnight before preview showings, thought it was gonna be great. The DCEU has been shitty. But as we speak I'm sitting in a room with 8 batman posters soooooooooo 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@ZeeSoh I found the problem

The next two weeks will decide the fate of the Justice League movie. It’ll open in Japan and Pakistan later this week and debuts in Lebanon on the 30th. The film should be over/under $325 million worldwide as of yesterday, with a solid $10.55m Tuesday in North America for a new $111.9m five-day cume. At least it has already passed Green Lantern and Catwoman.

• Like 1