FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

Just now, grey ghost said:

Dare I say it but 300 m for Moana is a lock.

Lock that shit up. :locked2:

The December competition still scares me a bit, since 3x+ off a 5 day isn't exactly easy even with no competition. I have a lot of faith in it hitting 300 now, but let's not jinx it! 

• Like 1

After seeing Dr Strange I'm convinced that there's some kind of bribing going on between Disney and critics. Maybe they really spoil critics and set them up with great perks. Or maybe there's a certain fear/threat of what they could do to their careers. But there's definitely something going on. It doesn't add up. The quality of the movies and the scores simply do not add up. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The December competition still scares me a bit, since 3x+ off a 5 day isn't exactly easy even with no competition. I have a lot of faith in it hitting 300 now, but let's not jinx it! 

*knocking on woods*

but yeah, seems like it's definitely a quality product so hope the good WOM does its work! 

I'm not sure how R1 will affect Moana but at least for Sing, Pixar and Illumination have proved that they can coexist (IO-Minions/ Dory-Pets)

Just now, elcaballero said:

I predicted $320m, so I certainly hope so. ;)

Yeah, I'm glad now I didn't lower my 335m prediction in the winter game, even though I had been thinking for sure I made a big mistake this whole month. I got bit in the butt for lowering my $475m gut prediction for Dory in the summer game though, so didn't want to do that again. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

After seeing Dr Strange I'm convinced that there's some kind of bribing going on between Disney and critics. Maybe they really spoil critics and set them up with great perks. Or maybe there's a certain fear/threat of what they could do to their careers. But there's definitely something going on. It doesn't add up. The quality of the movies and the scores simply do not add up. 

Or maybe Disney was intelligent with the studios they purchased, and are wise in letting each studio do their own thing?  Also, maybe this shows that long-term investing in quality reaps it's benefits?

Disney sure did sow over the last few years, and now they're reaping the harvest.

• Like 9

Just now, grey ghost said:

Disney also paid movie goers so they would have the top 5 or 6 worldwide.

Hail the Mickey-luminati.

I mean it's TOTALLY understandable that certain people don't agree to the critical consensus and think some movies are overrated, but..

turning to a full-blown bribery conspiracy.. towards a group of professionals.. I don't know what kind of self-assurance it takes to do that. 

kinda like looking at those middle schoolers going "ugh, Jane Austen/Shakespeare/insert whomever are so dumb and overrated, I don't get it, those people are famous just cause they are famous"

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Those 200 M predictions for MOANA. lol

Oops

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

They had to start ticket sales before Rogue One since RO is going to break the internet this Monday. :ph34r:

Starting to think Sing is going to be crazy huge. Like, Pets #'s huge

• Like 1