Friday the 13th The Final Chapter

9 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Friday the 13th The Final Chapter

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

yeah this is probably my favorite of the series.

The characters in this one definitely helped with that. Corey Feldman as Tommy really worked and the last scene of him hacking Jason to death and then staring into the camera at the end was incredible.

A

I think Jason has been killed one too many times. He is probably tired of kids hitting him with axes and machetes and knives because in this episode of Friday the 13th, he is just plain mean. Not that he was a "nice" killer in the previous entries, but this time he just seems like he is taking it personally.

The Final Chapter is one of the best horror films I've ever seen and if you are a fan of the series, this is as good as it gets. There are some great scares, a likable cast, wonderful direction, nudity and Tom Savini decides to show up to make the final death of the film a memorable one. If horror films of the 90's could have this much energy then we wouldn't be starved for crap like Urban Legend and Idle Hands and others. This is what horror movies are all about and this is a great horror film.

What we have in terms of a story is Jason escapes from a hospital in a very tense beginning. Right away, the film starts with some great scares and some really violent deaths. Poor Axel, he doesn't fare too well. And from here we are introduced to the typical characters, six vacationing kids and a mother and her daughter and son and Gordon ( the family dog). We also have a Jason hunter that is due for a grizzly death. But the funny thing about the Friday the 13th's is that even though the actors are on screen for such a small amount of time, we actually grow to like or dislike them. And so when one of them dies we are actually cheering or dismayed that they kick it. I really liked Jimbo in here. And when he died ( in a most heinous way ) I was a little bothered. Then when I saw what Jason does to him after he is dead, well that was just cruel. But the worst death in this film ( and this rivals Andy getting split in two in the third installment ) is Paul. He meets an untimely death by being introduced to a harpoon gun in a part of the body that it is not meant to receive that kind of attention. And this death is just another example of the hilarious gag in the series where Jason seems to find weapons that just shouldn't be there. I mean a harpoon in this one and a spear gun in the third? That is funny.

Friday, the final chapter is a great example of a scary horror film that concentrates on gore and suspense. It is easily the best in the series and if you forget what it is like to watch the early efforts of the series, then my recommendation is to watch the first four. They are great and if the series would have ended here, this would have been a perfect ending.

This is the best Friday the 13th. Watch and enjoy. And tell me if you think he is just a little meaner in this film.

10/10

• Like 1

Baumer, I have noticed this is the only F13 film that gets a ten out of ten from you. :P

I think this is one of the 100 best films ever made.  It really nails what the essence of a horror movie is imo.