POTUS 2020

Weekend BO- Actuals Mo 18.53, OCP 16.89, FB 10.43, Arr 5.58, NA 3.16, MbtS 3.13

14 minutes ago, POTUS said:

I don't think sing hurts it too much.

It'll take a close to a 50% hit next week with screen loss but will hold steady thru NY.

230s for Moana 

No way. It's not grossing anywhere near big enough to plummet like that, and R1 isn't exactly direct competition either like Sing is. 

15 minutes ago, Gumby said:

I had never looked at it before.

Wow, she is insufferable.  Nagging, hectoring and lecturing...the stereotypical liberal Hollywood celeb telling everyone else what to think.  Her entire existence amounts being offended and being bitter about politics.

Not drop 50% next week? It'll be close.

It will lose premium screens, larger theaters and show times. 

Edited by POTUS

I'm happy for Mel Gibson's comeback. The industry is full of fake, awful people. Who can forget those leaked Sony emails ("What's Obama's fave movie? 12 Years a Slave or The Help? Heheheh"). And those were the people who shook their heads in disapproval at Mel Gibson. It's all a front. At least Mel is talented, unlike the majority of the industry. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, POTUS said:

Not drop 50% next week? It'll be close.

It will lose premium screens, larger theaters and show times. 

I highly doubt Moana's 3d share has ever been much at all, so I don't think the loss there will be a big deal. I feel like you're using The Good Dinosaur last year as your comparison point here, which is not a good one for many reasons. R1 will open big, but it won't be anywhere near a box office 250m+ black hole that leaves no room for anything else to gross. TGD was already a surefire flop by the time TFA opened, it had been having poor holds and nothing was going to save it so of course theaters were done with it and the tc got slashed. Moana on the other hand has good to great WOM judging by holds so far, and it will have been the top grosser for about three weeks when R1 opens, I doubt it will get as extreme of a tc slash. Finally, TGD had a direct competitor opening that weekend in addition to TFA in the form of Alvin, which even though that didn't open huge probably still shaved a little off of TGD's gross that weekend. 40% drop tops for Moana, I think between 30-35%. 

22 minutes ago, Gumby said:

I had never looked at it before.

Wow, she is insufferable.  Nagging, hectoring and lecturing...the stereotypical liberal Hollywood celeb telling everyone else what to think.  Her entire existence amounts being offended and being bitter about politics.

Ironically, all the things you listed make her hotter during sex. :jeb!:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

No way. It's not grossing anywhere near big enough to plummet like that, and R1 isn't exactly direct competition either like Sing is. 

4 minutes ago, POTUS said:

Not drop 50% next week?

I'm thinking more 40~45%-ish then 50% too. Tangled fell -39% with two wide releases and one expansion (Tron, Yogi Beat and the Fighter) 

I'd like to see the TC first. Movies fell mostly over 50% when TFA debuted (along with Sisters and Alvin) but they did lose tons of TC. (MJ2 -998, Creed -1,069, TGD -851, Spectre -1,415)

TGD fell -58% with losing 850 TC which fell below 2,800 but.. it was TGD. hope Moana manages to keep 3,300+ (its current TC stands at 3,875)

• Like 2

This is a brilliant piece of misrepresentation of facts by Deadline. Technically correct while being completely wrong

Comparing the first 19 days of Moana to Frozen, the Oceania princess’ estimated running cume of $144.9M is pacing 4% ahead of Disney’s ice sisters who ended their run at $400.7M.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

This is a brilliant piece of misrepresentation of facts by Deadline. Technically correct while being completely wrong

Comparing the first 19 days of Moana to Frozen, the Oceania princess’ estimated running cume of $144.9M is pacing 4% ahead of Disney’s ice sisters who ended their run at $400.7M.

journalism. sigh. haha