Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

My own fantasy ones? :lol: But I guess it would somewhat mirror DH2's holds. 

Ah, poo.  I thought you were trying to make a comparison with an actual movie's horrific Tru Fri to Sat drop. :D

54 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

P.S. I pretty much love AVATAR.

I enjoyed Avatar, I'll admit.

42 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

WTF is this BOSS BABY crap, anyway? That trailer felt like it was two hours long.

It pretty much looks like an extended Warner Brothers cartoon extended to a feature film run-time. Looks like Dreamworks learned nothing from Baby's Day Out and Little Man.

I'll give Dreamworks this, it's at least a concept that at least works much better in animation then live-action.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I enjoyed Avatar, I'll admit.

It pretty much looks like an extended Warner Brothers cartoon extended to a feature film run-time. Looks like Dreamworks learned nothing from Baby's Day Out and Little Man.

I'll give Dreamworks this, it's at least a concept that at least works much better in animation then live-action.

Superbabies_poster.JPG

15 minutes ago, Porthos said:

For laughs:

-----

162.7 OW  IF R1 does 70% of TFA's grosses on Sat and Sun.

I know.  Expecting that is silly.  But, like I said:  For laughs. :)

edit

If it follows TFA's drops EXACTLY (and there's little reason it should):

-----

150.9 (rounding errors above)

Somewhere inbetween the two figures seems likely, no?

If it followed SW7 holds on Saturday and Sunday, we would have weekend of 164.5M.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Blankments said:

That's silly. Anecdotally, I know of about ten people, either in my hometown or at school going to their hometown who were looking forward to seeing it on Christmas week. It fits Christmas more than any other Oscar contender this year. La La Land transcends Oscar-fare; it's a musical romance starring two of the biggest stars in Hollywood

Jlaw and Pratt are not in LLL.

Unless you really think that Stone (kinda sorta close) and Gosling (hell no!) are two of the biggest stars in Hollywood.

3 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Jlaw and Pratt are not in LLL.

Unless you really think that Stone (kinda sorta close) and Gosling (hell no!) are two of the biggest stars in Hollywood.

Gosling is an odd one. He somehow seems to maintain the illusion of A lister despite being known among the GA for literally just one role in the last decade+. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Superbabies_poster.JPG

Still can't believe that Voight thought that the concept would work as a TV series, which never wound up getting made, but instead they made three straight to DVD sequels (you heard right).

It's even worse considering from what I've heard that Bob Clark made the Baby Geniuses films, because those were the best things he could get get. Darn Hollywood!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, druv10 said:

If it followed SW7 holds on Saturday and Sunday, we would have weekend of 164.5M.

41.54 (-42.7)

36.85 (-11.3)

What am I getting wrong?

edit:

Yes, I was not doing True Friday to Sat Drop.  I normally would, but I wanted to see how it would turn out if it followed TFA's drops from Thr/Fri combined, even though there's little reason it should since the Thr/Fri hold percentages were wildly different.

Edited by Porthos

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Gosling is an odd one. He somehow seems to maintain the illusion of A lister despite being known among the GA for literally just one role in the last decade+. 

Gosling is a national treasure and you should treat him with the respect he deserves. He's a real Nice Guy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

41.54 (-42.7)

36.85 (-11.3)

What am I getting wrong?

In your scenario it drops from proper Friday to Saturday. Hell SW7 increased 62 to 68 so no chance, RO drops 44M to 41.5M  on Saturday.