Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti and The Panda Present: THE FIFTH ANNUAL BOFFY AWARDS! La La Land, Arrival, and Zootopia Lead the Pack!

2 minutes ago, Spaghetti by the Sea said:

In the New-Zealand-set comedy film Hunt for the Wilderpeople, a young orphan and a cynical foster father form an unlikely bond while adventuring through the wilderness and running from those that want to capture them. The film shows the lush and colorful country from an intriguingly unconventional point of view as the journey continues forward, and from very early on in the runtime, the dedication spent on accurately describing an entire community of people and making the events seem grounded in a brimming world is clearly evident. Writer and director Taika Waititi expertly stamps his trademark peculiarity onto his work with snappy dialogue and offbeat visual style, and each of the performances, including turns from the veteran Sam Neill, the unwavering Rachel House, and the breakout Julian Dennison, among others, shine brightly and add even more depth to what were already deep characters in the first place. The film's idiosyncratic nature ensures its position as a film standing apart from any other film in 2016 or perhaps the whole decade when all is said and done. And, lastly, this film portrays the heartfelt bonds that can generate from the most peculiar situations and keep themselves molded together in the midst of life's most devastating disappointments.

-AABATTERY

I was the one that wrote this bit... but that's okay.

• Like 2

Zootopia was bound to win best animated.

Not wanting to choose between Hunt for the Wilderpeople and Sing Street is the reason why I didn't vote for Best Overlooked Feature, but I have to admit, Silence was certainly an overlooked feature. Now I really want to go watch it.

39 minutes ago, Spaghetti by the Sea said:

Is That One Guy going to be the resident complainer of this year? Lord help us.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

FUNNIEST POSTER

The nominees are....

Chewy

CoolioD1

MrPink

Telemachos

Will CoolioD1 continue his two-year winning streak?

Hide contents

Nope!

The winner is MrPink!

Christ Nolan would be so proud of you.

i didn't bother voting in this category because i thought coolio had this in the bag

giphy.gif

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spaghetti by the Sea said:

Now we're getting to more actual film awards!

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY

Arrival

La La Land

Hell or High Water

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Silence

The BOFFY goes to....

Reveal hidden contents

Well deserved. (Wouldn't have complained if it was Hell or High Water though)