FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread (Dec-30-Jan 2nd) 3/4-day #s R1 49.5m/64.3m, Sing 42.8m/56.4m, Pass 16.15m/20.7m, Moana 10.97m/14.3m, WH 10.6m/13m, Fences 10m/12.7m

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Oh sweetie, I'd post all the other quotes, but they were edited by mods, presumably cause of rude behavior.  Considering that post was somehow not deleted, I can only imagine how bad the other ones are.

Yea, now you're making excuses. There's literally no grounds for you to ban me, and yet you have. And lied about why.

1 minute ago, ohmigod2005 said:

JKR films consistently going 750+ mil WW and as high as 1 bil WW and and having out grossed SW films in the past and outgrossing SW as a franchise? I couldn't give less of a fuck about domestic, the numbers of which are still good. If the US is the only place that cares or doesn't care about a film, it doesn't mean much. Shake that ethnocentrism out. 

Potter still ain't top franchise though WW.

1 minute ago, elcaballero said:

Can we please talk about literally anything else, guys? In positive news, the theater parking lots around me look really full today. 

Thank you! 

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

So much wasted trash-talking when ther could have been a good debate..

I just think no one was willing to take you on there, probably because you had a winning hand!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ohmigod2005 said:

JKR films consistently going 750+ mil WW and as high as 1 bil WW and and having out grossed SW films in the past and outgrossing SW as a franchise? I couldn't give less of a fuck about domestic, the numbers of which are still good. If the US is the only place that cares or doesn't care about a film, it doesn't mean much. Shake that ethnocentrism out. 

You realize you are on the domestic forum, right? There is an International Forum where you can praise OS numbers to your heart's content.

• Like 1

Just now, ohmigod2005 said:

Yea, I believe it is, and has fluctuated with Marvel for a while 

Currently MCU has $10.89B while the Potter franchise including Beasts is at $8.5B, I however am a fan of both franchises.

3 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Abandon Hope, indeed.  There's a reason why I avoid that thread (except for the VERY occasional post-and-run) like the plague. ;)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

I just think no one was willing to take you on there, probably because you had a winning hand!

Well I won't try to claim this unless I see the arguments of the other side but, what I have seen so far is everyone calling those arguments bullshit but noone really justifying or trying to counter-argue. It may be because noone really takes that guy seriously ...

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

Currently MCU has $10.89B while the Potter franchise including Beasts is at $8.5B, I however am a fan of both franchises.

has fluctuated with Marvel for a while 

This makes J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World the most expensive entertainment brand just behind Star Wars, due to lack of toy merchandising and Harry Potter toasters, you know.

6 minutes ago, ohmigod2005 said:

Yea, now you're making excuses. There's literally no grounds for you to ban me, and yet you have. And lied about why.

I can't ban you.  Oh no, I haven't.  I just support people banning you.  I'm pretty sure the mods/admins who looked at your posts, saw your posts, and determined that they weren't appropriate for these forums and your behavior isn't tolerated here know what the fuck they're doing.

4 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Considering Dcasey just came blazing onto this thread, almost outright attacking someone for stating an opinion on Fantastic Beasts, this was never a civil debate from the start.

• Like 1

Just now, ohmigod2005 said:

has fluctuated with Marvel for a while 

This makes J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World the most expensive entertainment brand just behind Star Wars, due to lack of toy merchandising and Harry Potter toasters, you know.

One Word: Lego. Every franchise has it's must buy all merchandise fanboys/fan girls.

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

Well I won't try to claim this unless I see the arguments of the other side but, what I have seen so far is everyone calling those arguments bullshit but noone really justifying or trying to counter-argue. It may be because noone really takes that guy seriously ...

Or it may be because I've fought this Rowling vs the Comic Fanboys fight before, who feel pop-culturally emasculated by not being able to sit and read a 100,000+ page series and therefore shit all over it and patronize the hell out of it. Been there, done that. 

Granted, this board isn't as douche-y as some, but it has its moments 

Just now, That One Guy said:

I can't ban you.  Oh no, I haven't.  I just support people banning you.  I'm pretty sure the mods/admins who looked at your posts, saw your posts, and determined that they weren't appropriate for these forums and your behavior isn't tolerated here know what the fuck they're doing.

Considering Dcasey just came blazing onto this thread, almost outright attacking someone for stating an opinion on Fantastic Beasts, this was never a civil debate from the start.

Who's Dcasey?