Mockingjay Raphael

Horror 2017

43 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

It's a shame, it's a film that deserved a wide release more than something like The Bye Bye Man, I think it could have done quite well. About 30-40.

I think it's going VoD also this Friday but I'm not 100% sure. It's getting a wide release over here over Xmas anyway. That trailer just pisses me off, they really could have edited something together that revealed NOTHING.

Fortunately, I haven't watched the trailer, I try to avoid trailers for every Horror movie, I know that the marketing department needs to give some money shots to bring audiences, but when it comes to horror, they almost always give key elements of the narrative.

Wait, how have you watched it if it wasn't released there yet?

1 hour ago, Boxofficerules said:

Great news! I loved the first one, so inventive and creative! I hope they will turn it into PG13, since the only reason why the first movie underperformed was because the main demo couldn’t watch it at theaters. 

On 03/10/2017 at 7:49 PM, Boxofficerules said:

Better Watch Out is coming out this weekend in a limited release, I'm not sure the kind of release it's getting but I highly recommend it, I also highly recommend NOT watching the trailer first.

This is getting a cinema release here in the UK, I think it looks fun! 

Geralds Game deserved to be released in theaters over something like Flatliners or Friend Request. Mike Flanagan is easily one of the best directors in horror today and he completely knocked it out of the park. By far one of the best horror/psychological thrillers in years.

And it doesn't rely on loud noises for it's imagery. Just let's it speak for itself without cheesy creepy music or some boom. A rare thing nowadays.

Highly recommend it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Looking at IT's mexico numbers. Apparently on the Mexico box office charts, Shark Night 3D  was still in theaters. 

IT has been collecting records in Mexico, it broke:

- The record for biggest OW of Warner in 2017.

- It’s the third best OVERALL for Warner.

- Third best of the year.

- It’s the biggest Horror ever there, surpassing TC2.

- It will reach 10M ADMs, and it’s going to be in the top 20 of ALL TIME there.

It was a monster everywhere, but it was a gigantic one in Mexico.

Oh, and Annabelle: Creation was a monster hit in Mexico as well, it spent FOUR WEEKS at #1, then it was replaced by IT that spent TWO weeks at #1 (it was 3 weeks in ADMs), the Mexican Box Office has been dominated for a Horror movie for almost TWO MONTHS on a row.

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael

1 hour ago, somebody85 said:

Geralds Game deserved to be released in theaters over something like Flatliners or Friend Request. Mike Flanagan is easily one of the best directors in horror today and he completely knocked it out of the park. By far one of the best horror/psychological thrillers in years.

And it doesn't rely on loud noises for it's imagery. Just let's it speak for itself without cheesy creepy music or some boom. A rare thing nowadays.

Highly recommend it. 

Flanagan is irregular as well to me, while Before I Wake and Oculus were great movies, Ouija and Hush were mediocre at best, I hope that GG will be more like the former ones.

22 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Great news! I loved the first one, so inventive and creative! I hope they will turn it into PG13, since the only reason why the first movie underperformed was because the main demo couldn’t watch it at theaters. 

Really enjoyed it, too.

Was funny watching people move closer to the screen (myself included) so they could read the messages being sent.

• Haha 1

Reading the OP, It + Annabelle + Split + Get Out + Covenant alone have already pushed 2017 to well past 1.6 billion worldwide in combined profits for horror movies. BY FAR the highest grossing horror year of the 21st century so far. If we add Resident Evil 6 (which made most of its profit in 2017, in China especifically) and Underworld 5 - despite being 2016 releases, technically - then the year breaks 2 billion worldwide. This without even Jigsaw, Happy Death Day or the smaller fare like Cure For Wellness, Rings or Bye Bye Man.

Btw, if it breaks out big, HDD could actually have the biggest DOM OW of October. 31.5M is actually less than what any of the Big Four of Horror 2017 - Split, Get Out, Annabelle: Creation and It - opened to. There's a possibility there.

23 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Reading the OP, It + Annabelle + Split + Get Out + Covenant alone have already pushed 2017 to well past 1.6 billion worldwide in combined profits for horror movies. BY FAR the highest grossing horror year of the 21st century so far. If we add Resident Evil 6 (which made most of its profit in 2017, in China especifically) and Underworld 5 - despite being 2016 releases, technically - then the year breaks 2 billion worldwide. 

Both Resident Evil and Underworld 5 came out in January.

I restarted my horror/Halloween movie watching for the month.  I watched Halloween 1, 2, and H2O to keep with the main storyline.  I also watched Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy which is pretty cool and I haven't watched in a while, but I did get an autographed poster with Heather Langenkamp's signature, which is my 2nd of hers since I met her in person and got an autograph as well.

• Like 1

IT will be a "one of a kind" break-out hit. The sequel should do very well too! But 2018's slate im very interested in especially Halloween, The Nun, and yes even the Purge 4. But for the rest of the year I still need to see Annabelle 2 and IT. Happy Death Day looks interesting, and Jigsaw well looks lame but could actually be a surprise.

49 minutes ago, 75Live said:

I restarted my horror/Halloween movie watching for the month.  I watched Halloween 1, 2, and H2O to keep with the main storyline.  I also watched Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy which is pretty cool and I haven't watched in a while, but I did get an autographed poster with Heather Langenkamp's signature, which is my 2nd of hers since I met her in person and got an autograph as well.

I lost the count of how many times you said that met Heather Langenkamp in real life. :lol: