cannastop

The Lion King (1994)

19 hours ago, Sunny Max said:

Yeah Remake Will Be Deadly At Spanish BO .... Expecting Massive Numbers ... I think not Only in Spain .. Rest European Markets Will Also Be Huge  

I definitely feel the hype already here in Germany, the original was massive back in the 90s. I remember back in 2006 my whole class went to Hamburg to see the musical and we were all mind-blown. I‘d say 5mil admissions for the remake is locked with even more at play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Giesi said:

I definitely feel the hype already here in Germany, the original was massive back in the 90s. I remember back in 2006 my whole class went to Hamburg to see the musical and we were all mind-blown. I‘d say 5mil admissions for the remake is locked with even more at play.

Hmm Yeah ... TLK (1994) Did 56 Million Euros (Total 3 Runs) With 11.8 M Admissions in Germany ... 😮 Ridiculous Figure .. So Definitely Remake Can Create Huge Records ...  

Folks who weren't around in 1994 - 1995 may have trouble grasping what a cultural event the Lion King was on release, and then grew to be. It was one of those rare films that was a smash out of the gate (I saw it on opening day in the USA and it was a packed house), but then over time grew even more in stature, such that it is a sure thing that TLK will open hugely around the world. 

On 6/3/2019 at 12:17 PM, Sunny Max said:

@cannastop @Jiffy 

The Lion King :-

UK :- 23 Million pounds (Original Run)

Germany :- 56 Million Euro (94 , 02 & 11 All 3 Runs ) Admissions :- 11.8 Million

France :- Only Admissions 11.6 Million

Netherlands :- Only Admissions 2.5 Million 

That's it ....  :D  I Only Know About These Countries ...  :) 

Just to add that it is estimated TLK sold 8.08 million admissions in UK

• Like 1

I remember seeing a Making Of preview of Lion King before some other Disney movie.  It looked good but it didn’t scream BLOCKBUSTER.  I didn’t think it was going to be a huge hit. Fast forward, the movie comes out and I remember thinking while waiting for the movie to start, that I was too old to be watching a cartoon. Movie starts - great music, I mean GREAT music, good animation, nice characters - by the time the wildebeest trampling scene happens, I was at the point of no return.  I was blown away.  I don’t recall any applause at the end.  Everyone was processing what they witnessed. An epic. A legend of a movie.  

On 10/7/2023 at 10:21 PM, cannastop said:

Just realized that because of its re-releases, The Lion King is the #1 original animated movie still

It and beauty and the beast are the absolute Alphas Cannastop in my eyes by far over all animated films old and new..

I mean the lines how people felt after leaving Lion King was crazy.. Not a dry eye anywhere and  just look at the world wide Theater stuff from this movie as well ... Wow..

Simbaaaaaaa is KING OF ALL ANIMATION FILMS PERIOD!!

Only Beauty and the Beast may rival it in terms of quality...:D