YM!

Weekend Estimates: Lego Batman 55.6M, 50 Shades 46.7M, John Wick 2 30M

8 hours ago, Krissykins said:

John Wick 2 is another prime example of the internet making it seem as if a film is going to be a huge hit.

But then it isn't, it just meets expectations.

The IMDB poll for this week on twitter about What film are you seeing this weekend? John Wick 2 won by a landslide, but it's just because most of imdb's users are 20-35 y/o males.

you're fucking insane; john wick doing more than 20M on OW is a huge hit for it.

• Like 9

Really all and all not bad numbers, Batman should get a big boost today with families going to the movies during matinees or out for a family night, Fifty Shades Darker might have a small increase if you bring in the older couples in matinees today or the 40-50 something mothers who hangout with each other and have a night out at the movies and couples who want to go out on a date, John Wick should give the action crowd a somewhat decent boost not Denzel leveled boost but enough to help out and bring in the adults who were off work today and the ones who are less busy, and word of mouth has been fantastic for the film as well!

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

i initially was gonna see lego batman with five people tonight and john wick with four people tomorrow

three friends cancelled lego batman, and four added themselves to our john wick outing

I HATE THIS WEEKEND

The universe has spoken.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, baumer said:

I know my opinion on animation really doesn't mean much but I really hated the last Lego Movie and even though this is far from a failure it kind of gives me a tiny bit of pleasure to see it open so low LOL.

Sorry @Blankments

7 hours ago, DAR said:

I didn't hate the Lego Movie but for me it's definitely not as good as people made it out to be.

you're both on my hit list

6 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Reading through the thread, I wish Blank would stop pretending to have a meltdown over toy movies. Dude never knows when to let a bad bit die.

in fact he does the classic crappy comic move of DOUBLING DOWN when people tell him it's not working.

What other toy movies do I do it over?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blankments said:

i initially was gonna see lego batman with five people tonight and john wick with four people tomorrow

three friends cancelled lego batman, and four added themselves to our john wick outing

I HATE THIS WEEKEND

everything emperor palpatine

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I feel like high 20s is reaching best case scenario for John Wick. Puts it in range for 80 million, and that's good for it.

Then that puts 100M in range for Chapter 3.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, franfar said:

Ninjago could do 120m if it's really good IMO.... 

It looks like yet another movie to pander to the "Reddit crowd". It doesn't look that interesting and I don't see why audiences would go for it. 

Shit will be lucky to do 50M DOM at this point. Clear that Batman is the only reason TLBM is doing as well as it is

Well saw two of the big releases this weekend.  John Wick 2 which was really good and 50 Shades which was really bad, but not even in the funny kind of way.  It was literally 2 hours of nothing.

Oh well, I have to find a way to fit in Lego Batman now :) 

9 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I HATE THIS WEEKEND

You should feel proud. You have smart friends.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I still wonder why studios, when a sequel comes out, try to get the previous film or films on a popular streaming service like Netflix or Amazon Video. Don't see the previous Fifty Shades, John Wick, or Lego Movie on either. 

Because Universal, Lionsgate, and WB has distribution deals with HBO and then basic cable channels to adhere to.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I still wonder why studios, when a sequel comes out, try to get the previous film or films on a popular streaming service like Netflix or Amazon Video. Don't see the previous Fifty Shades, John Wick, or Lego Movie on either. 

John Wick was on USA a few weeks ago. 

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

well i gotta go, i'm going to get pictures taking, watch Jackie, do some hw, and then watch LEGO Batman

have fun with the disappointment all

Not all of us are disappointed but ok

• Like 1