FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I hope everyone involved in the MCU watched Logan and felt bad about their sick and distinguishing shenanigans

Yeah all their critical and financial success must really make them sick.

"Why God? Why did you make us the most successful sub-studio in history?" :apocalypse:

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 5

I saw TDK in theaters when I was 8, liked it but was young and thought SM3 was better. Saw it again at 10, was blown away, became my favorite CBM for 6 years until Logan at least.

Edited by YourMother

5 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

667 movies have grossed over $100M as of today in North American BO history. It's no great benchmark anymore. 177 over $200M. Hell, I'm tempted to say that $300M is the real benchmark now. 

667 versus 732 movies released in 2016 alone.

• Like 2

Just now, YourMother said:

I saw TDK when I was 8, liked it but was young. Saw it again at 10 became favorite CBM for 6 years until Logan at least.

God dammit you guys are too young

• Like 10

1 minute ago, PDC1987 said:

667 versus 732 movies released in 2016 alone.

Most movies make almost no money at all. A BO benchmark must be something that only the few can reach, otherwise what's the significance? 

Just now, YourMother said:

TDK is still a strong 2nd place in my top 10 CBM list.

It's not that.

The whole 'seeing TDK at age 8' tho...that's freaking me out

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Brief refresher: My favorite Marvel universe movies are Iron Man 3, Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Ant-Man.  Notice how most of these lack sequel baiting or bring something new to the Marvel formula?

Yeah. Iron Man 3 is probably the best about it in recent memory. 

The Nolan Batman trilogy is strange to me in that the 2nd movie is so far beyond BB and TDKR to the point that its almost jarring.  I haven't seen BB or TDKR since they came out and don't care to ever watch them again.  I think its because Batman by himself isn't that particularly compelling of character unless he's up against the Joker who represents a completely contrasting ideology, and everybody knows TDK is really the Joker's movie.  I think thats the reason why Logan beats TDK in the end for me, the best parts of Logan aren't the villains, its Logan himself, Xavier, and Laura.  And there were numerous times where Logan really invoked the man feels which I've never felt during a CBM.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

It's not that.

The whole 'seeing TDK at age 8' tho...that's freaking me out

My dad was the best. Mom was overprotective and didn't want me to see PG-13 movies until I turned 10 but I was with my Dad in New York during summer 08' after the move.

Edited by YourMother

The Nolan Batman trilogy is strange to me in that the 2nd movie is so far beyond BB and TDKR to the point that its almost jarring.  I haven't seen BB or TDKR since they came out and don't care to ever watch them again.  I think its because Batman by himself isn't that particularly compelling of character unless he's up against the Joker who represents a completely contrasting ideology, and everybody knows TDK is really the Joker's movie.  I think thats the reason why Logan beats TDK in the end for me, the best parts of Logan aren't the villains, its Logan himself, Xavier, and Laura.  And there were numerous times where Logan really invoked the man feels which I've never felt during a CBM.

I love BB for being the first Batman film that was completely about Bruce Wayne becoming Batman. And it made Bruce such a compelling character, that I became a Batman fan again. But I agree, Logan is a far more interesting character as a whole, and Hugh Jackmen actually gave a great performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1