FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

I'm a huge CBM fan and enjoy both the building block movies and standalone ones like Logan. I seriously don't get the complaint of Marvel movies setting up the next film since isn't that what most sequels do. Having said that it is nice to have a movie like Logan where anyone can come in without seeing the other movies and have an actual ending that doesn't even set up future movies in the credits. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

I'm a huge CBM fan and enjoy both the building block movies and standalone ones like Logan. I seriously don't get the complaint of Marvel movies setting up the next film since isn't that what most sequels do. Having said that it is nice to have a movie like Logan where anyone can come in without seeing the other movies and have an actual ending that doesn't even set up future movies in the credits. 

The problem becomes that a lot of the MCU movies feel like they end on a To be continued without having any kind of resolution. I feel like The Pirates of the Caribbean movies never had that. (Pick whichever franchise you would like to insert)

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Literally spit out my drink

giphy.gifBut seriously if you're not much of a comic book fan then of course something more like Logan or TDK would be your #1. I'm not saying it's the highest quality CBM just that it's my personal favorite as a comic book fan.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The problem becomes that a lot of the MCU movies feel like they end on a To be continued without having any kind of resolution. I feel like The Pirates of the Caribbean movies never had that. (Pick whichever franchise you would like to insert)

I have never felt like any MCU film has ended without at least some sort of conclusive ending.  At least nothing like Catching Fire where the movie ends on a cliffhanger. 

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Hide contents

Some people were laughing when Logan was destroying his car before falling over.  

Assholes.

Honestly... my whole theatre was laughing too. I personally couldn't tell if it was supposed to be absolutely serious or played to somewhat lighten the mood.

• Like 2

My town doesn't even have an IMAX thetre. So i need to wait a few weeks till i can get to Ann Arbor or Lansing to see Logan again in IMAX. Saw it in Standard on Thursday.

Then again my town went 59-37 for Trump so i guess im not shocked we still don't have IMAX. lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Honestly... my whole theatre was laughing too. I personally couldn't tell if it was supposed to be absolutely serious or played to somewhat lighten the mood.

No way in hell it was done to lighten the mood.  How hilarious, a drunk is angry and frustrated at this world.  Fucking assholes.

Just now, That One Guy said:

No way in hell it was done to lighten the mood.  How hilarious, a drunk is angry and frustrated at this world.  Fucking assholes.

Either way, Jackman killed it. If there were any Justice, him and McAvoy will be nominated this year, with Stuart and (can't remember the girl's name off the top of my head) in supporting nominations

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Both of my showings also laughed at the scene.

9.5 Thu

23.5 Fri

26.5-29 Sat

18.5-21 Sun

Total: 215-250

Fox would do well to stick with the smaller scale more violent xmen/xforce movies.  It'd be a welcome alternative to the disney-marvel stuff.

• Like 1