Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

I think DHD is being conservative.  Look at what THR reported.  They make it seem like 60M is the minimum it can do.

"Disney's live-action musical Beauty and the Beast is doing monstrous business at the North American box office, where it should waltz past $60 million on Friday alone for a possible opening of $165 million-$170 million, according to early Friday returns."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/weekend-box-office-beauty-beast-roars-163m-thursday-986898

• Like 1

Just now, DamienRoc said:

They had plans for one several years ago. It was going to be called Snow White and the Seven, and the dwarfs would have been martial arts monks.

Development stalled and I think they killed it when SWATH and Mirror, Mirror moved forward. They'll probably continue to look into it, but perhaps not for several years.

What if they pull a Maleficent and have it be called Dwarfs.  That would be "amazing."

5 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Why is that allowed? As a finance guy...that should be a big no no...

I'm sure someone can get more specific -- what I remember Rth and EmpireCity saying is that for double-features, both movies are credited with the gross.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

The poor employees are EXHAUSTED.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got our stock order in ?? We only did 1 order for the entire week and it's freaking HUGE :(

The Possibilities at Disney :

Live Action Pixar

Marvel Pixar

Star Wars Pixar

Jungle Book 2, Lion King 2, Aladdin 2, BatB 2, Maleficient 2, Cinderella 2, Mulan 2, Dumbo 2, etc etc

Talking about live action adaptations, Disney would be a fool not to do a live action Fantasia immediately after Marijuana is legalized in all 50 states.  300M OW guaranteed!!!!!  ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MJL said:

I think DHD is being conservative.  Look at what THR reported.  They make it seem like 60M is the minimum it can do.

"Disney's live-action musical Beauty and the Beast is doing monstrous business at the North American box office, where it should waltz past $60 million on Friday alone for a possible opening of $165 million-$170 million, according to early Friday returns."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/weekend-box-office-beauty-beast-roars-163m-thursday-986898

WOW, it's beyond my expectations, I'm so glad :D

Disney did it once again!!

happy-jello.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MJL said:

Talking about live action adaptations, Disney would be a fool not to do a live action Fantasia immediately after Marijuana is legalized in all 50 states.  300M OW guaranteed!!!!!  ?

This scene from Dumbo would be trippy af...

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Still need to remake Bambi and Lady and the Tramp. Could throw in another remake of 101 Dalmatians. Another one could be The Rescuers, that could actually be fun.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3559652/Cheerful-Emma-Stone-steps-lunch-Disney-confirms-ll-play-Cruella-Vil-101-Dalmatians-spin-off.html

Happening.

tumblr_nue642S8xR1ug3ij2o1_500.gif

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TelemAAchos said:

I'm sure someone can get more specific -- what I remember Rth and EmpireCity saying is that for double-features, both movies are credited with the gross.

Thanks...

I wanted another reason to bitch during their investor calls...

I am not happy about their ooerational costs...damn unions...

• Like 2