Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

4 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Geostorm should find an audience OW just like TGW.  Jupiter tanked with 20 OW so would that be tanking for Valerian too?

I try to factor in budget as well to define "tanking."

Both have big budgets, so, in the absence of being saved OS, yes I would consider them to be tanking.

2 minutes ago, TelemAAchos said:

As long as we're actually staying off-topic, VALERIAN looks way more fun and unique than GEOSTORM, even if it ends up being bad. 

Besson went for broke on Valerian, he invested all his money and it is his childhood's dream.

He used to get detention in school for doing Valerian drawings in class.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TelemAAchos said:

As long as we're actually staying off-topic, VALERIAN looks way more fun and unique than GEOSTORM, even if it ends up being bad. 

But will either end up being as deep and soul searching as critical, academy and audience hit The Revenant?  I think not.

11 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

DAMMNIT FRANFAR

If it helps I gave you a consolation like

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

@franfar Valerian's trailer has 10M views and Geostorm only has 2.2M.  So HA.

g5w4yfJ.png

Correlation does not equal causation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Things like GITS, Guardians and Valerian might as well be original thanks to how obscure the source material is. Although GITS isn't as obscure as Valerian or Guardians

I think Valerian was a big deal in some European market, at least it is in France, sold over 2.5 million copy apparently.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beauty and The Panda said:

But will either end up being as deep and soul searching as critical, academy and audience hit The Revenant?  I think not.

Knowing what I think about REVENANT, perhaps quite a bit deeper without even trying. :) 

• Like 1