Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

3 minutes ago, BenedictL11 said:

What's your prediction for its BO? 

Between 60-70 Million (domestic) and around 250-300 Million WW. It won't pass the 20 Million mark in Japan though, they are not into this whitewashing crap, they prefer their own movies with local stars.

How about you? I'd like to know your prediction as well :) 

7 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

No, what I am saying is that certain people tend to act like they are unimpressed by BO stats of pro-black movies 

Not a single person on Earth that follows box office is unimpressed w/Get Out's run, right now. If anything, those Trump supporters you talk about are breaking tables because "that evil movie" is doing so well. :redcapes:

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It looks interesting, but not good enough for a stan.  Not anything to do with the obviously false Venom rumors.

Fair enough, I guess. I really hope it does well. No offense, but I kinda wanna see it beat Power Rangers for the lulz (though it's not that I want PR to underperform - I may not care much about it, but I always like to see strong performances, even for movies I'm not hot on... hell, I actually enjoyed Fifty Shades Darker's performance; it's just that I want Life, an original movie..... TO A CERTAIN DEGREE, to be good and overperform) :sparta:

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

You realize most of the cast is Asian and the Japan people are actually perfectly fine with Scarlet Jo. taking lead. The character is not even Japanese in the source material, matter of fact she has no nationality.

All the MAIN characters are white too, look it up. I would be totally fine if they solely casted her. 

35 minutes ago, YourMother said:

NINJAGO OW over HT2 OW and then Kingsman does $55M OW breaking Ninjago's record the week after.

Ninjago will probably get $35-40m OW, I could see Kingsman breaking the September record though 

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Not a single person on Earth that follows box office is unimpressed w/Get Out's run, right now. If anything, those Trump supporters you talk about are breaking tables because "that evil movie" is doing so well. :redcapes:

Fair enough, I guess. I really hope it does well. No offense, but I kinda wanna see it beat Power Rangers for the lulz (though it's not that I want PR to underperform - I may not care much about it, but I always like to see strong performances, even for movies I'm not hot on... hell, I actually enjoyed Fifty Shades Darker's performance; it's just that I want Life, an original movie..... TO A CERTAIN DEGREE, to be good and overperform) :sparta:

Look up the OP that I quoted

And somehow I have run out of likes again due to a certain obsessed poster.... 

Sheesh I live in the Mecca of Trumpville (OK) and I have yet to hear one person complain about the film. 

I think we have been invaded all of the sudden by far right and far left posters....

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell_(2017_film)

Literally the 2nd character on the cast list is Japanese.

I've seen the original movie. 

Major, Kuze, and Batou are the main characters in the movie and they ALL white in the movie. I can guarantee you that the japanese people will hardly have any screentime in the movie, I can almost bet money on that. 

4 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

Look up the OP that I quoted

What, the one that says "people are saying GO is fading"? Uhh, it kinda is... it's gonna be in 4th place this weekend, behind three other big blockbusters that, due to their big blockbuster nature, naturally do more than it. GO "fading" is equally as natural. It's a box office thing - movies eventually start to fall down in the charts. That doesn't mean that it's 38% drop is any less impressive. 38% against a 160M+ family opener would be impressive for ANY kind of movie, even animated (because BATB is a family film), nevermind a rated R horror film. And the fact that a rated R horror film w/a 4.5M budget is holding its own against three 90-100M+ blockbusters is absolutely staggering on its own. So please, stop being paranoid, GO has done trillions of times better than people thought it was going to do many months ago. And if anyone out there says "GO's run is disappointing", they are trolling you the fuck out, you just have to not pay them the attention they want.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

He said nothing about the run of Get Out.

His exact words 

I'm not going to have it with people saying that Get Out is fading.

Yall need to stop think that I am deliberately trying to stir some drama shit up, just for sake of it.