Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

it's probably true. i'll admit to being shallow enough to kinda zone out of stuff w/ zero hotness. haille steinfeld, not for me, more for you young folks. that blake jenner is a dish though.

giphy.gif

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Those debate night posts were tough to keep up with but you could get 500 likes if you posted enough.

"Wow Trump just sniffled again. I wonder if he's on coke huehuehue"

gets 10 likes

The boards were crashing left and right.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I have a feeling it was kind of a miss on the "rock bottom" part though. I mean, guy has an uber-rich and hot ex-wife who still likes him (although not loves him), and like those typical stories do he "just can't accept her money" because he has to do it himself. Nice safety net! Then he sets off on this journey after hitting that "rock bottom" which basically consists of quitting his job and getting humiliated in public -- let's not forget that his humiliation and the ensuing popularity it got him is what gave him the possibility of coming back in the first place since he was famous now. I mean, at some point he sure had it pretty bad but nothing I would call "Rock Bottom", especially with that safety net. 

I also just can't help but feel things just go way toooo easy on him once his project starts. It's like he's living in this fairy tale world where if you put in some hard work and shift the momentum, everything will magically fall into place and your efforts will be rewarded, almost without limits (at least for him). 

The whole story just felt forced to me. It was a nice movie overall with some pretty good performances, but that's all it was in my opinion. I'd give it a 7

I swear to god when I was reading this without seeing the post you responded to, I thought you were talking about Ben Affleck.

• Like 2

Let's be honest Reel World version of what's not hot and the Real World version are diametrically opposed.  I mean in She's All That the "ugly" Rachel Leigh Cook wore glasses 

• Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

No friends is exaggerating a bit. I talk to my crush and her friends, but that's about it.

You need a BOT bro like I do. We see movies together 

• Like 7

I dunno, Hailee Steinfeld in Edge of Seventeen was awkward in the same way Dr. House is awkward. She's way smarter than her contemporaries and gorgeous, but her bitterness is a making of her own selfish neuroses.

Which is a GOOD thing. I find emulation of the kind of social awkwardness that matches my own high school experience essentially unwatchable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Fuck this weekend. Next weekend, IT'S MORPHIN' TIME.

They aired another Lionsgate Power Rangers movie commercial on the Twitch stream, and the phrase "sellout" or "sellouts" is used every single time it airs.  It has a consistent negative reaction from the Twitch audience.  That marathon is going to last through the movie's premiere date, all the way until the end of March.  It may not be a perfect way to gauge hype among the general audience, but I will not be surprised if it does reflect what BatB's second weekend drop will be like compared to PR's opening weekend.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

You need a BOT bro like I do. We see movies together 

BOT bros are the best. I'm lucky to have a few :)  It's weird to talk about Box Office with someone IRL though. Like a real convo, not like, "Did you hear SW broke the weekend record?!"

• Like 6

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'll try next week. I just need to figure out how to ask and where to go.

How? Text

Where? Probably at home. Not at the toilet tho

• Like 4

Just now, That One Guy said:

Just start off slow.  Ask her to a movie (Power Rangers :ph34r:) and then take it from there.

Aren't movies a terrible first date? I don't want to see a movie then go out to dinner and discuss it with her without knowing more about her.

• Like 1