efialtes76

Weekend Estimates

You're not going to find many people who will say that TPM is better than TTT, DH1, or The Lion King.

TPM is more talked about than any of those movies. So it may not be better but it`s certainly more poplar topic of conversation. Edited by fishnets

Who the fuck is talking about Lion King except Broadway crowd?

Um...a lot of people? I mean, it recently opened to $30M and $94M total at the box office in its release...at the very least, more people wanted to watch it than TPM.And unlike Phantom Menace, it's not a crappy movie. Edited by kowhite

Um...a lot of people? I mean, it recently opened to $30M and $94M total at the box office in its release...at the very least, more people wanted to watch it than TPM.And unlike Phantom Menace, it's not a crappy movie.

Unlike TPM it wasn't already released on BR. TLK's release was spectacular. But it did have some things going for it that the phantom menace didn't. IMO, TPM is a better film as well.

Unlike TPM it wasn't already released on BR. TLK's release was spectacular. But it did have some things going for it that the phantom menace didn't. IMO, TPM is a better film as well.

I like you lol.@NoctisYour porbably right on that but TPM is a more popular convo as whenever Star Wars is brought up (which is a very very big topic of conversation even today) TPM comes up in a negative light.

The poor multiplier for Phantom Menace is the bad thing; it was the only film to drop on Saturday. I guess only the really devoted, and I mean REALLY devoted, all came on Friday. I can't imagine it having that great of legs.

I'll give you a perfect film for it to follow. Justin Bieber's Never Say Never. It too opened on the same weekend last year and it too fell on saturday. It went on to have a 2.5X which means if TPM follows suit, it will end with about 58 mill. That's where I think it will land.

58M sounds good to me. The sooner they release ROTS the better. Those 4 movies are the ones most people want to see.

Agreed. This was the guinea pig. With this one doing okay, then it paves the way for the other 5 to do even better.

Yes, sorry, I didn't explain it enough. I agree Clones will be the lowest grossing. But even if it does 75 mill WW, it's still good enough to be sure that the other four will be released.