FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

23 minutes ago, CJohn said:

3D doesn't bump 10M in gross either nowadays. 3D is only a good thing in Asia and South America nowadays. It is dead in Europe and North America.

This is an exaggeration. Movies are still getting well over 40% of their domestic gross from 3D shows. Those tickets cost 30% more (at a minimum...IMAX 3D is 50% more). Still a significant boost on the gross compared to a 2D-only release. 

3 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Power rangers is gonna do 

$200,000,000 domestic

$200,000,000 overseas

$400,000,000 WW

$100,000,000 in Japan

$50,000,000 in korea

Lol,you never stop do you.  I guess every forum needs a class clown.

7 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Power rangers is gonna do 

$200,000,000 domestic

$200,000,000 overseas

$400,000,000 WW

$100,000,000 in Japan

$50,000,000 in korea

$50,000,000 in other countries

You're on meltdown mode, bro. lol

Seriously, just stop it. I loved PR and it seems you enjoyed it too. Relax. You got your movie. At best it'll make 100 million domestic. It'll need to perform like a monster overseas, to justify a sequel. Perhaps it'll get a huge money from Japan and China, but you never know.

At best: 250-275 million worldwide

At worst: 190-200 million worldwide.

Granted, it has China and Japan, but I love being pessimistic, so i can be surprised if it makes better than that. 

29 minutes ago, CJohn said:

3D doesn't bump 10M in gross either nowadays. 3D is only a good thing in Asia and South America nowadays. It is dead in Europe and North America.

The big movies it does. Most movies only play IMAX and LPF in 3D in addition to the normal 3D showings. 

Take Logan for example, it made 88M with around 25-30M from IMAX and LPF alone, that would be an additional 6-7M from 3D upcharges alone due to the 3-4$ extra per ticket.

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

You're on meltdown mode, bro. lol

Seriously, just stop it. I loved PR and it seems you enjoyed it too. Relax. You got your movie. At best it'll make 100 million domestic. It'll need to perform like a monster overseas, to justify a sequel. Perhaps it'll get a huge money from Japan and China, but you never know.

At best: 250-275 million worldwide

At worst: 190-200 million worldwide.

Granted, it has China and Japan, but I love being pessimistic, so i can be surprised if it makes better than that. 

Don't know how the Mods and you regular members put up with him for so long. lol

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The big movies it does. Most movies only play IMAX and LPF in 3D in addition to the normal 3D showings. 

Take Logan for example, it made 88M with around 25-30M from IMAX and LPF alone, that would be an additional 6-7M from 3D upcharges alone due to the 3-4$ extra per ticket.

I doubt Power Rangers would have so many people wanting to see it in IMAX like Logan lmao, and since PR didn't even opened with half of Logan, we are talking about what? A 3M increase on OW?